Quiz time!

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

bollox, i have no excuse for not knowing immedietly as i have just sold one!! im 99% sure it is indeed an alcast nsr, the foxeye model. red shock, instrument layout and steel swingarm. hope im not bloody wrong now, its been 3 attempts!!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Well done Yatsushiro & JanBros, its a h***a NSR125 alright! Shame on the rest of you (except Charles for not being allowed to enter). :D

I bought this bike a month ago (for very little!) & I've only just got it to this stage. I only bought it to part restore it & sell it on to get some cash to pay for the KR's engine replating/pistons.

And because I've now got the hang of posting pics AND I havn't got any further with the KR, AND I was bored, I thought I would share the image of this piece of crap with you. I had one of these (88 model I think, NS125R?) years ago, that cost me a fortune (blew the top end twice!). Looks like this one might just cost a fair bit too?

So I may just make enough money to buy a new piston ring. Oh well, easy come, easy go!

Sorry it didn't turn out to be something a little more interesting.

Howie
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Well done mgtkr1, it is indeed the foxeye :lol:

Might keep you all up to date with the rebuild, although the more I delve in, the worse it becomes!

Only this weekend, I discovered the reason for non starting, mind you I should have guessed simply by looking at the filthy red/brown(?) two stroke oil in the tank.

Tell you what, I'll post a pic!

Howie
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

[img][img]http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 ... ie/153.jpg[/img]

Piston broke.

Probably ASDA premium quality two stroke oil.

Definately poor adjustment of the oil pump.

Without a doubt teenage hijinks, bless them ](*,)

Howie[/img]