Nurburgring

Tell us where to meet you!
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Nurburgring

Post by kwackman12 »

Whahooooo \:D/ My motorbike club http://www.tvam.org.uk/ has managed to hire the Nurburgring for a day, 28th October. Just got to get the numbers to go now, should be about £120-£135 for the day, well cheap as you paid 18 euros a lap last year. Might stick the KR in a van & take it instead of my zx12r Always wanted to try it on a two stroke"Approximately 220 bends in 22 km!made for the "KR" then :mrgreen:
Might take a spare engine though [-o<
http://www.motorbikestoday.com/trackgui ... rgring.htm
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

That would be absolutely awsome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Make sure you take a selection of tall gears so you don't end up sitting on the red-line too much and haveing to fit that spare engine. :(
You could always take both bikes in the back of the van. :-k

The only way I can ride the Nurburgring is playing Tourist Trophy on the Playstation! :lol:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

A once in a lifetime opportunity, not having to share the 'Ring with GT3 Porsches, BMW M5's and Tourist buses etc is very special. However it is a VERY dangerous track, it's most dangerous when you start to learn the layout a bit(that takes about 5 or 6 laps) there are some frighteningly fast bits with chicanes that come up even faster.If you crash you can expect some hefty charges for towing, ambulance and on a open day if the track is closed because of your crash your billed for the lost revenue. If it's at all possible (but it's booked solid 18months in advance) is a sub 7min lap with Sabine Schmit in the Ring Taxi :D
crochet & croquet
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Update on the trip, it's definatly on & we have 130 confirmed bikes going!Couple of mates & myself are thinking of hiring a long wheelbase sprinter & sticking an assortment of bikes in the back :mrgreen:
As for being dangerous got to agree with you, think the best bit of advice I have been given was when you think you know it, get of the track.
I was over there a couple of years ago & a friend of mine was on his last lap of the trip & was "going for it on his ZX12R" aproached a corner thinking it was a right then left turned out to be left the right! broke his bike in half, broke his arm,leg & collarbone funny thing was he is a driving instuctor :mrgreen:
I'm also going there on the 27-30 June with a small group of friends think there may be a couple of spare places cost is £210.00 includes ferry,three nights bed breakfast & eveniing meal if anyones interested I can pm you the details
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250