KR-1R engine carb rubbers

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

no prob mate, ill come down a week saturday if you want and have peek at the airbox, if it suits you on a diffrent day gis a shout and we can sort somthing. could make it on the sun if you prefer? i work mon-fri and dont finish til 4 which makes it a buggerr for going anywere in the week ](*,) cheers elf for helping with rubbers and i owe you the favour back and will gladly do your airbox as im doing one aswell. cheers matt
falconman
Heavy Smoker

Post by falconman »

Just wanted to update this thread. I bought a cnc mill a couple of weeks ago and the first project to familiarize myself with it is to make the adapter plates. I completed the gcode and it runs great. When my coolant pump shows up I will be able to put some stock in it and see if I can ruin it, I mean make a part!! :roll: :lol: After I get a good part from it I will post the files so everyone can make them.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Nice idea falconman.
Can ya post the CNC mill as well? :lol:
Maybe you could make a few extra's up, as I'm sure a lot of people would be keen.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

any update on the CNC code?
Do you also have any pictures of the finished product?
falconman
Heavy Smoker

Post by falconman »

The place I got the mill from still has not shipped my pump. I'm going to get one Monday so I can use this thing. I'll take pics and post them after the first parts are finished.
falconman
Heavy Smoker

Post by falconman »

Alright, made some parts over the weekend. They look great! Had to tweak the nc code a bit. Made it run a lot faster and fixed some setup problems. Takes about 20 minutes to make one plate, including tool changes. I didn't put in any holes to mount the manifolds as I have seen 4 different ones each with a different bolt pattern. You'll have to drill and tap your own holes to suit your manifold. This was done with Bobcad software and Mach3 post processor. I'm including the nc code as a separate txt file. Here's the cad file (use at own risk!). If you need a different file type send me a pm and I'll see if I can save in that format. ScottaKR, postage for the mill is $47,836. I take paypal.:lol: I can make extra sets (in 28mm or 35mm hole size) for anyone who doesn't have the big bucks. I can get manifolds and drill and tap the plates for you if you want that as well. I got enough stock to make 16 pairs.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/fal ... ate_35.cad

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/fal ... e_35_2.txt

Last edited by falconman on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

Excellent effort BTW!
what about the 'rubbery tube thingy' that holds the carb?
do you where I can get one?
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

scooble wrote: what about the 'rubbery tube thingy' that holds the carb?
aren't those the manifolds?
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Smart work!. look quality...Alan.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
falconman
Heavy Smoker

Post by falconman »

Thanks! The rubber part is the manifold. I use Mikuni p/n VM34-200 for the 35mm carbs. I get my stuff from here - http://www.sudco.com/ there are other manifolds that will work but they usually have a different bolt pattern.