which tyres.

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
daps250sp
Light Smoker

which tyres.

Post by daps250sp »

:D Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding the best tyres to run on a KR1S :shock: . Ive always ran large sports bikes so am a little ignorant on small bike tyre front :oops: . It has Bridgestone bt92s on it at the moment which I am lead to believe are a more sports touring tyre. What about bt90s? Also can you fit a 150 rear on the standard wheels, as I have been told you can but thought that I would check with you guys first. Cheers DAPS IOM.
rgvsean
Oil Injector

Post by rgvsean »

The 2 sporty options are BT090 and Dunlop GPRa-10. The Dunlops being more sticky and more extreme, much better front on the dunlop but tips in very fast then sticks like shit to a blanket. Also Dunlops now cheaper.

BT090 has better wet feel I reckon. Well probably as they have grooves in, the A-10 look almost like cut slicks :lol:

Not sure if you want to fit a 150, leave that to the KR boys to reply.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Just fitted a set of Dunlop alpha's on my track bike including a 150 rear, fits ok but havent tried it on the track yet! i also have a set fitted to my road bike (also used it on the track a couple of times) this has a 140 on the rear & has not let go yet [-o< :mrgreen:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

150 looks a lot wider than 140 so for looks alone i would go for that
option

got a BT92 on my S - works great on the road - and chicken lips aren't
as wide as on the 140 i run on a KR1 rim
Smokings Good For You
daps250sp
Light Smoker

Post by daps250sp »

:lol: Thanks for the replies guys :lol:

DAPS IOM 8)

ps. If anyone is over to the Isle of man for TT week give me a shout and can meet up for a lap or/and a beer. :mrgreen:
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

daps250sp wrote:
ps. If anyone is over to the Isle of man for TT week give me a shout and can meet up for a lap or/and a beer. :mrgreen:
Give me a couple more years to save up and then the beers will be on me :D Have wanted to visit TT week for as long as I have had bikes .
One Day 8)
daps250sp
Light Smoker

Post by daps250sp »

:lol: do it, its the ultimate biking experience [-X

DAPS IOM, oh mines an lager!!!!!!