as finished as its going to get as i just realised something

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
john-b
Oil Injector

as finished as its going to get as i just realised something

Post by john-b »

On the old forum i said i had bought and AP50 and i would keep you posted. I started off with this :(

got my spanners and spray gun out found some bits and i built this :D :D

Thing is i put the front mudguard on and i have just realised something :shock: . what the F*ck am i going to do with it :? :? its not like i can go touring on it or something :roll: :lol: :lol:
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

You could pull the plug cap off ride it to work and get very very fit!!!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

Dirty roads are coming - I'd put it back in the kitchen, or mount it over the fireplace 8)

You could always find your local Fizzy gang and race them.................

Nice one !!

I had an ER50 - never seen one since - seems to be a recurring theme of my bike ownership :roll:
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

looks like a nice job john - do AP's go for silly money like fizzies?

i've thought about doing a spraying course - mainly through frustration
using aerosols! - do you just do it for a hobby?
Smokings Good For You
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

AP's are getting silly not alot better price wise and parts are harder to get didnt know that when i bought it. I bought one because i had an FS1E when i was 16 and no matter what i did i couldnt keep up with my mates AP it was an extra gear thing (im gonna do it then he changed up again and i had none left) :( so i bought an AP :lol: As regards paint i did bodywork for a while and i was a sprayer in a fibreglass shop for a while too. The secret is preparation really this one hasnt been polished or anything thats straight out of the gun but if you put enough on you can just cut the mistakes out with cutting compound and t cut :wink:. when it comes to accurate lines you can buy fine masking tape stuff but i always use pin stripes because im tight :lol: ( pull the other bits back off) and mask to that. It gives you a dead straight line without the fuzzy edges when you pull it off. Anyway thats the end of my tips :roll: but i dont do it for a living havent done for 15/20 years but i will be giving away secrets so not saying anymore :lol: Ask Lee (frog) he does it for a living sure he will tell you :lol:
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

thanks for the tips john - i think problem with aerosols is you don't
seem to get a decent thickness of paint - i found this out when i
started cutting back the lacquer on my tank :lol:
Smokings Good For You