Dimension Please ? Urgent

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
NOS EXUP
Heavy Smoker

Dimension Please ? Urgent

Post by NOS EXUP »

Hi

Can anyone please urgently give me a dimension from outside disc face to outside disc face on a KR1S - I am overseas (Sweden)at the moment and urgently need this dimension for a company over here.
The measurement needs to be across the outside of the front disc rotors.(ie across the front wheel left to right) please state if discs are standard or aftermarket although this may only affect slightly due to disc rim thickness.
Cant leave it up to my wife to measure mine back home :?

thanks
Nick
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Ok, this is what your after...

From the outside of one to the outside of the other

126.12 mm

or 125.92 mm

I measured at the top and the bottom to allow for warpage and floatiness of disc...

Hope this helps

Oh and standard disks, plenty of meat left on em :mrgreen:
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

I've just checked two front wheels for you, unfortunately neither are 1s,

zxr250 is 126.0mm
kr1 is 125.5mm
Both outside edge to outside edge

Hopefully this concurs with Nates figures
zxr is std 1s discs
kr1 are aftermarket but not 100% certain what variety.
NOS EXUP
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOS EXUP »

THANKS GUYS

I WILL TAKE IT AS 126mm

THANKS FOR THE FAST RESPONSE

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

No worries...

My neighbours must think I'm mad... I have a meeting to go to in a bit, so I'm in a pinstripe suit.. measuring the discs on my bike, then walking around holding a digital caliper ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Happy days :mrgreen:
NOS EXUP
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOS EXUP »

Thanks Again

Looks more plausible than bleeding your brakes in a pinstripe suit ! :shock: :shock:

Needed the dimension to check Radial caliper offset and see if additional offset created by narrow KR1S front wheel would be an issue to torsionals on fork leg mountings during braking :? :? :?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

If its a problem then why not fit a dufferent wheel and yokes as well? I think a pair of dymags would go nice with those forks :D
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
NOS EXUP
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOS EXUP »

Hi Elf

making my own yokes but want to keep the KR front wheel and retain speedo drive as per KR1S.

I am trying to retain the KR1S look but with a few replacement high end parts to have the ultimate well engineered KR1S.
I want to keep the matching KR1S wheels - i have looked at Marvic , Dymag routes in matched pairs but then i would have to look at 17" rear and brake / sprocket issues. Also magnesium wheels can only be painted and not sucessfully powdercoated and this is my preferred surface finish for wheels.
Trying not to detract too far from the KR1S original look.
It involves lots of machining time with any modification away from standard and when building a special i always say go with what you like in terms of quality , function and appearance and obviously price comes into it somewhere.

cheers
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

My bike used to have an RGV 17" rear 3 spoke and a modified ZXR400 3 spoke front in the standard yokes and forks. Since then I fitted the ZXR400 modified SP front end and a 17" 5" wide Dymag rear wheel. I later fitted a comple RGV rear end. Each to their own though :D as Dymags etc are very expensive.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk