R6 Shock conversion top mount bush?

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Kr1stofer
Smoker

R6 Shock conversion top mount bush?

Post by Kr1stofer »

Has anyone got any suggestions for an off-the-shelf bush that will do the job?

I have spoken to several bearing suppliers and they cant help as the 12mm ID, 22mm OD and 28mm dowel length is not a recognised size.

One supplier told me i should have checked the bush sizes before i bought the shock - twit! what the f**k would he know???

I've heard that a Fireblade or a TDR 250 type may fit but i really dont want to have the original R6 bush proffesionally reamed out to 12mm for some extortionate cost

Help!!!! :-k
Team Issac Hunt Racing
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

viewtopic.php?t=1499&start=0

(first post)
fitting the shock took a bit of pi**ing around, the top bush had to be pressed out and replaced with one that had a 12mm centre (fireblade in my case) then some 1mm spacer shims had to be added at either inner side of the bottom fork fixing. most importantly the airbox had to be well and truly modified before the refit as i wanted to keep the std box.
kr1-s c2
rad
Smoker

Post by rad »

Hi are you running the R6 shock with a standard wheel or an RGV wheel? Got an R6 shock to go in but still running a standard rear wheel till I find a 17" one. Will this make the ride height to high? My steering damper as had it as it is. As for the bush I,ll be getting one made by a mate (hopefully) to 12mm inside, 22mm outside by 28mm length. If this works I'll get him to knock an extra one up for you to have.
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Make that an extra 2 bushes please!
There might be more, I think a few of us have picked up r6 shocks now.

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

I just had the original one carefully reamed out my an engineering shop .
Cheap and seems to have enough meat left on the inner metal section .
Kr1stofer
Smoker

Post by Kr1stofer »

Hi chaps, thanks for your replys. After a lot of searching no one can get me a bush via any supplier in that size without ordering over 100 units!!! So after a quick trip to a local enginerring company i got the original taken out to 12mm - job took 5 mins and they did it for free, result! and as its been mentioned there is still enough metal left in the inside. In fact about the same as you would find on a standard 1S bush.

p.s. if anyone is interested in a brand new KR1S top bush i ave one collecting dust - let me know via email...

Kris.
Team Issac Hunt Racing