2 stroke tuning

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
mick abbey

2 stroke tuning

Post by mick abbey »

Hi Folks I have been out of the tuning game for a couple of years due to a few family problems but I am starting to get back into it again buy mid feb, I can offer engine rebuilds , crank rebuilds, tuning eg porting & flowing crank cases all at an afordable price :) with good reliable results.
I do have a web site but it is out of date as are the prices & the e-mail address but the phone no is the same 07802 896103 .
my new e-mail address is m.abbeytune@googlemail.com
hopefully my web will be up dated as soon as we can get back on it

Please feel free to contact me on any of the above contacts for any enquires or if you would like to see my old web site if you do a google search for mick abbey tuning you should find a link to it

cheers

Mick abbey
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Mick good to hear you are back.

We are up Croft 12/13 April - if you are still based up that way give me a shout and I will sort out a ticket.
F250 grids are looking good and I expect it to be a competitive year with plenty of good machinery out - 5 odd KRs, 5 VJ23 looks like about 5 NSR and an army of RGV 22/21 and 'prilias.
No TZR yet though

Regards

Mark J
mick abbey

Post by mick abbey »

Hi mark it's been a long time I hope you are well I have been reading a few of your posts and all I can say is keep up the good work, I am moving out of teesside on the 4th of feb to harrogate where I will be based with my tuning work so it looks like I will have to give croft a miss sorry to say, as I will also be helping my partner with a pub that she is going to run :)

Cheers
Mick
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

glad you've joined mick, heard you were going through a personal crisis of some sort and thought you had dissapeared of the tuning ladder for good! good that your back and hope to see your mentioned at the rate it was until recently. never heard a bad thing about you and understand you build some very impressive yamaha motors ie ypvs etc. any kr's had the privilage yet? hope the pub venture/partnership works out, so long as your here to stay in 2 stroke land for good this time!! keep posting, tell us what your up to/how your tuning is going etc. you have my support 100% for what its worth and wish you the best of look. cheers matt
mick abbey

Post by mick abbey »

Thanks Matt
Yes I have tuned a few Kr1 's & KR!S's in my time, I enjoy tuning these little beasty's as they are a good tuneable engine as you can make them go well without the expence of expensive kit parts like rgvs or nsr's I would say that they are the last of the afordable to make go faster 250's we will ever see, I can't say how much extra power I can extract out of the kr1's as I have never had one on a dyno but all the engins that I have done for racing always led the pack when up against other kr1s's and always finished in the top 3 up against kitted rgv's
I remember back in 95 was at darly moor waching one of the KR1s's that i had tuned for a lad that worked at the motor cycle center in Stockport when I noticed a novice on a kr1 getting laped and been in the way of everyone on the track (bless him ) so after the race I went to see him & have a word to help him out if he needed. a couple of days later he rang me to ask when can he drop his bike off for a tune & set of pipes, we arranged a date I got him sorted I went to see his next well stone the crows :lol: he was at the back of the grid the flag droped all I remember seeing was his front wheel go strait up in the air and he shot of the line like a scolded cat he had carved his way through most of the pack into the first twisty bend I couldn't belive it as he was never going to make a great racer (and that wasn't been awfull towards the lad any one who races will know where I am coming from , some have it n some don't) at the end of the race he ended up 2nd last but the thing was he was so happy cos he never got laped he beat another bike and his lap times had plumeted from the last time he raced at the same track before the tune, His results stayed the same all day he was a very happy bunny that day He did admit that the bike scared the sh"t out of him when the flag droped :lol: :lol: now that to me was a result

Cheers
Mick