R1 REAR BRAKE

Tell us how to beat Rossi!
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

R1 REAR BRAKE

Post by THE FLUTE »

Well having ridden the R1 in preperation for next season i had serious trouble keeping the front wheel down so have decided on a Thumb brake to try and calm it down a bit Should help a little over the mountain at cadwell too :D
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

nice job mate.. =D>
and that is one bootyfull machine :wink:
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

Nice piece of simple but effective engineering there Paul.........and looks gorgeous as well..........

Dave
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

wow, is that a home-brewed thumb brake or ultra expensive real deal? cant really tell if its a bought item, how much? the bike looks the bollox btw, are you on a death wish? noted your f600 dp champ congratulations. takes serios bottle to pilot a thou, i know how quick race pace is on a 250. none of yer trackday bollox makes the fast group[ look like a moped race, god knows what racin a thou must be like!! gulp! good luck all the way flute. big respect
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

mgtkr1 wrote:wow, is that a home-brewed thumb brake or ultra expensive real deal? cant really tell if its a bought item, how much? the bike looks the bollox btw, are you on a death wish? noted your f600 dp champ congratulations. takes serios bottle to pilot a thou, i know how quick race pace is on a 250. none of yer trackday bollox makes the fast group[ look like a moped race, god knows what racin a thou must be like!! gulp! good luck all the way flute. big respect
Thanks for that Mate Will have to see how we go been out on it a few times and it,s getting less scary each time :^o It is a bought thumb brake off a friend of mine he normally sells them for about 300 quid but he did me a real good deal. Have to agree with what you say about track days First ever race F$$cking scared me to deathe on the site :shock: ing lap
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar