When you turn on the ignition.....?:S

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

When you turn on the ignition.....?:S

Post by Matty21 »

Is the power valve system supposed to move because mine did for a bit and now they dont?

Is there something wrong?

Thanks

All help will be appreciated! :(
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Hi Matty...

Yes everytime you turn on the ignition, the powervalve motor operates...

It will open them for a short period of time, and then close them again...

The time seems to depend on what position the kill switch is in... Shorter if the kill switch is off...

But either way, it only does it once...

I guess check your getting power to your powervalve motor... if your not, then it could be a short or a fuse... If you are, then either the motor is duff, or the valves are stuck...

Easy way to check for stuck valves is to disconnect the two cables running to the valve heads, then watch the motor itself and see if it operates...

Hope this helps

Nate
BOX

Post by BOX »

This could be a symptom of a dying battery. Check your battery voltage or turn the ignition to ON with the charger hooked up and see if the valves operate.
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Have you recently adjusted the cables that operate the KIPS linkage, if the are to tight this will cause them to lock up. If so slacken the cables a little then all should be ok.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Dead CDI caused mine to stop working - check the manualit tells you how to test the kips motor
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams