Froggy newbie

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Frunobulax
Light Smoker

Froggy newbie

Post by Frunobulax »

Hi, I'm Gilles, new to the forum. Frenchy. Been lurking the website for a month. I recently acquired an old KR1. So I felt it was time for me to register.
No plan for race regarding this one. I just want to make it serviceable for road use.
Recently I changed some fluids (engine, brake, gearbox), battery and gave it a run.
What an amazing ride! :P
I will soon ask maintenance questions to experts here, hope you won't find me too much boring as I imagine it's always the same with newbies...
Enough blabla, time for pics
Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Re: Froggy newbie

Post by Gerrit »

Welcome to the site. Don't hesitate to ask any question you may have, there are lots of enthusiasts here who will happily share their knowledge with you.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.
Coose
Heavy Smoker

Post by Coose »

Welcome!

They're a good bunch around here, so do ask away but also be aware that there's a plethora of information available via the search facility. 8)
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Nice KR. Welcome
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Frunobulax
Light Smoker

Post by Frunobulax »

Thanks for the welcome. I need some advice for sure, as these bikes apparently requires heavy maintenance for safe operation in service. Will post in the proper section.
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

Welcome in..Lovely collection you have going on there..Yacco...was that a local/national firm from back in the day?
Frunobulax
Light Smoker

Post by Frunobulax »

I have no idea of this. Was it an oil brand back in the day? Not shure I will keep all those stickers anyway. I would prefer it as original as possible.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Frunobulax wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 pm I have no idea of this. Was it an oil brand back in the day? Not shure I will keep all those stickers anyway. I would prefer it as original as possible.
Here you go

Founded in 1919 by Jean Dintilhac, Yacco is a French company that produces engine lube, coolant and hydraulic lube intended for motorcycles, cars, transportations, public transports and farming equipment.

Yacco has a long history of sports and technical success, thanks to its constant search for better products, to the greatest satisfaction of its customers.

https://www.yacco.com/upload/media/docu ... 3d53a.jpeg

Steve
Frunobulax
Light Smoker

Post by Frunobulax »

Aaaah shame on me, you are more aware than on that french history. :roll: Thanks for the info.
Rolex
Heavy Smoker

Post by Rolex »

Welcome to the forum 👍