KR1 Side Fairing Brackets

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
RickNC30
Smoker

KR1 Side Fairing Brackets

Post by RickNC30 »

I know I`m not the first to do this but I needed these brackets for my own project so I`ve had a couple of spare pairs made in case anyone else is in need - machined from billet, clear anodised...

Price is £50/pair (that`s what they cost me) - email ricknc30@gmail.com

Rick
James P
Oil Injector

Re: KR1 Side Fairing Brackets

Post by James P »

They look nice Rick - no wonder they cost so much. If only the demand existed to get them down to £5 a pair!

I am interested to know why you chose to copy the later style (with the machined groove near the frame mounting point) instead of the early style (with no groove) - I had wondered whether the groove was included so that the shaft would snap in the event of an impact, although there may be a another reason for this difference compared to the early version.

I infer that the later style was fitted to B2 models and this (i.e. originality) could be the reason you chose the design. Either way, please let me/us know.

Here is some previously-posted info on these brackets (although the topic starts off on the C-model brackets):

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8512

Regards,
James
RickNC30
Smoker

Post by RickNC30 »

I applied much the same logic as you did, James - I assumed that the reason for adding the groove was because the early mounts stayed in one piece when they were crashed and therefore bent the main frame rail, so Kawasaki subsequently made the mount sacrificial which would limit that part of the repair bill to under £20 for a new mount rather than £1000+ to replace the frame. That seemed like a sound idea so I went for the later design...

Rick
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

8) Thanks for the info Rick.

Regards,
James