air screws and needles

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
martin
Premix Junkie

air screws and needles

Post by martin »

hi guys, i am nearly there getting my kr1 b2 sorted thanks to the advise of rc46, elf and others[thanks] i have dropped the needles to 2nd from top[standard 2nd from bottom]as advised by stan stevens, i am having to screw the pilot air screws right in[half a turn out] to stop the motor cutting out when i open the throttle, i would like to know what positions on the needle you all run with and how many turns out on the air screws all of you are running with. my pilot jets are standard 38 and clean and the carbs are balanced thanks to rc46 for telling me how to do it. i think because the needles have been raised and has made it leaner,thats why the air screws have to be turned in so much, i am open to advise
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

run my needles in top position as helps to get rid of flat spot
around 5K (300cc version probably doesn't suffer the same)

air screws at standard settings although my KR's tend to 'gasp'
when coming to rest after high revs (could perhaps do
with turning in a bit) 1S doesn't seem to suffer the same.
Smokings Good For You
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: air screws and needles

Post by JanBros »

martin wrote: i would like to know what positions on the needle you all run with and how many turns out on the air screws all of you are running with.
you simply can't just copy somebody else's settings and expect yours to run fine :idea:

setting up carb's is easy and simple - that is if the one that's doing it knows what he is doing :wink: . if not, you'd best ask somebody to help you and explain to you what and why he is doing it.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !