KR-1R engine carb rubbers

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
mj43
Premix Junkie

KR-1R engine carb rubbers

Post by mj43 »

KR-1R engine side carb rubbers

depth of the rubber front to back is 25mm. Hole to suit a PWK 35mm carb.
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

dd you have them made or did you find them for sale?...would like to do it to mine...
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

I was very lucky and was given a set.
They are unfortunately nla.
I keep saying I will get a copy made but never get round to doing it.
The 35mm carbs do give better power by at least 2 to 3hp
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

How wuch you want for them ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

They are as easy to find as rocking horse manure.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

do the kr1r carbs give a decent gain on a std motor? currently porting a motor atm but keepimg a second motor fairly soft for wet/lower end power not to mention longevity as if the cooking (hopefully)! motor goes sick then the spare will need to last, both will use tz pistons. will get the bigger carbs at some point tho skint atm!
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

The carbs gave about 2 to 3hp across the whole rev range. Tricky to set up the low speed carburation. I don't know what they will be like around town as never used them on the road.

One of the piccies shows another mod that is done (not the V-Force reeds) wonder who will spot it first :D
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

shortened inlets? btw wont be for road use(carbs), will be selling my soul to the acu shortly! :lol:
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

:D :D correct

Not sure if it does anything but hey - it is only money :?

Had a load machined down along with the water pump gear (less rotating mass, less stirring of the oil).
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

do you have any inlets/water pump gears (machined) for sale? also after barrels tho i may have some shortly. cheers matt
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Yes :D

I will see how much they cost to get machined?
falconman
Heavy Smoker

Post by falconman »

I see you have v-force 3 reeds. What was the application/model used. I could only find v-force 2 reeds in the KR bolt pattern from a late '90s KX 125. I made manifold plates out of 1/4 inch thick aluminum and used a standard mikuni type manifold that fit the PWK 35's. It fit ok but had to grind about 2-3 mm off of the float at the overflow boss.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

ive also thought about making some carb mounts out of ali and having a bolt on type rubber for the carbs, similar to the type used on tz 350's/old brit bikes etc then this allows the carbs to be swapped to a smaller size by just undoing 2 screws and swapping the rubber but the idea put me off as the stuffers will be wrong without changing but i reckon an ali setup like the way mentioned would still be do-able in yer shed, and will have a go at doin some when i eventually get some 35mm carbs. elf had made some using old rubbers off a kr mated to the manifold type as described in 35mm bore size using some very effective rubber bond, if i can get some this will be another way ive considered getting round the problem of oe kr1r rubbers (and std) been nla. falconman, do you have a piccy of the ones you made?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

V force 3 reeds are for the KDX200. You need to modifry the stuffer but apert from that they are a striaght swap.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
falconman
Heavy Smoker

Post by falconman »

Here is a pic of the manifold plates I made. It took a little over an hour to make them. I had to use longer studs and bolts due to the reeds and plates being a bit thicker than the original setup. Also in the pic the 8mm allen bolts on the rubber manifolds were replaced with button head allens for clamp clearance.