Needles what do they do?

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
rc46
Oil Injector

Needles what do they do?

Post by rc46 »

Intrested to know what the affect is of lifting the needle or lowering it inside the carbs!, Im guessing its how the bike accelerates. I dont have a problem im just intrested?

What would the affect be of lowering them, a clip or indeed lifting them up?

Can you lean the bottom end up by lowering the needle?

Ta!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

as a rough guide...pilots do first quarter of throttle,needles from quarter to three quarters n mains three quarters to full throttle...but their is a bit of overlap...so raising will richen mid throttle.....droping em leans out mid throttle... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Ahhhh,

I bought an RGV and she's standard apart from the Jolly Motos, Its really hard to pull away (4k and then slip the clutch) and then it bogs down to around 6 - 7 k then seems to fly, Back of the pipes are a bit wet and the Plugs look rich! Changing gear you also get a hesitation!!

I thought about dropping the needles, ???

Dont wana do to much as its just something i picked up very CHEEEEEEP

Gona fit the original Chambers back on anyway and see what that dose first?

Ta!

PS did you get a chance to send me some Gloop MR B? :P
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

look at this page and it'll show you roughly where and what is effected by whom etc :D http://www.keihin-us.com/tune1.htm
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Ah, intresting, I think its the needle! think it needs to go down a bit and also need to check the slow running jet and screw!

Just swapped back to standard Chambers and Cans and its alot better, but still stodgie, LOL

Tell ya what back to back My kr will tear it a new Arse hole, no question. I hope its not set up right at all because if it is i feel sorry for RGV owners! :?

Still it is a standard bike i supose! :shock:

Thanks Guys! Ill have a play BUT after i get the kr back up, No way im taking the rgv round cadwell, ill be into the 4min laps on that! :lol:
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

ust be a bad setup, the rgv should be a fairly quick bike. there a fair bit heavier than the kr tho and a kr would whup an rgv on the brakes! the kr was irc had the best anchors in the (250) buisness. i also reckon the kr would be winning f250 continuisly if the development was put in to the same level as the rgv. a good un will give the fast rgv's a good fight anyway i reckon. what made you get an rgv anyway mate? i always liked em but as you said, prefer the kr. why not take em both on a t/day? oh, compare the weight of the f/wheels between the rgv and kr, make sure you put the rgv wheel in yer strongest arm though! no kiddin
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Quite Simple, Bought the RGV as it was Cheap, and to good to pass up, Iv strip the Jolly Moto's off it and there on Ebay, And then ill sell the RGV and make a bit of cash which in turn will pay for the KR repairs... :lol: as thats gona be around £200

Might keep it for a while but i dont intend on keeping it to long! we'll see.
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)