C1 Rebuild

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Ian_B wrote: My better half has reminded me that I'm very sad discussing the merits of original clock mounting hardware versus aftermarket stainless steel ones
you are and so is gary moaning about the non-original ones :mrgreen:
rvt2002
Light Smoker

Post by rvt2002 »

Love the rs! Thanks for posting it. :)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Charles wrote:
Ian_B wrote: My better half has reminded me that I'm very sad discussing the merits of original clock mounting hardware versus aftermarket stainless steel ones
you are and so is gary moaning about the non-original ones :mrgreen:
You discuss that with yer biatch #-o
If somethings worth doing its worth......repeat after me..........Wright :)
Discuss with her the ins and outs of louis vitton badges....wordrobe full of clothes,none to wear.......prada........fanciest health gym and spar....soaps......thin stylishh better than your mobiles....etc etc.....but not YER ORIGINAL CLOCK MOUNTING HARDWEAR.........and if she came round our house talking all original clock mounting hardwear.....id say OHHH NOOO!!!OPH OPH!!
Tango foxtrot Charlie?NO!
:lol:
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
Ian_B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Ian_B »

Hello Gary - it's 'Mrs B', [-X

(Ian has forgotten to log out, and is back in garage with his love(s) of his life).

I would much perfer discussions on bike hardware, electrics and the merits of two stokes vs 4 stokes to bloody fashion and spa. I think Ian would like to keep that way, as that means he has more money to spend on 2 stoke heaven!
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Hat tip to you there Mrs B :D
Ian_B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Ian_B »

Some more progress today. With the help of a friend (and recent 2-stroke convert), the engine is back in.

The new remote reservoir sits neatly in the original bracket too.

garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Original bolts or no-your making a cracking job of it Ian =D> 8)
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

thats awesome looks great.

the well nuts where did you get them from?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Have you fitted a different rear shock Ian (sorry if you've already answered this but I haven't been paying attention :oops: )

Only reason I ask is the reservoir looks fantastic.

And shame on you Gary tut tut. Poor way to talk about women.

And as for your dislike of after market fixings, well I never!

Howie
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

great job Ian =D> your making fantastic progress.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Howie wrote:And shame on you Gary tut tut. Poor way to talk about women.
And as for your dislike of after market fixings, well I never!
Howie
Not my fault Howie lad,its like letting kids in a tap room,then getting face on cause the've heard swearing.Do you not swear and fart in tap end?
Not a dislike to none standard,just prefer as Mr K intended-or should that be Mr/Mrs K :mrgreen:
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Don't underestimate the ladies Gary,my missus sold kwak parts for 20yrs and has forgoten more than I know.
Any one who remembers KZ bitz on westgate road in Newcastle will tell you,she still gets asked for advise on all matters kawasaki.Mostly by me like :oops:
Anyway Gary the holes not too deep mate :wink:
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

pablo wrote:Don't underestimate the ladies Gary,my missus sold kwak parts for 20yrs and has forgoten more than I know.
Anyway Gary the holes not too deep mate :wink:
Pablo m8y,i dont underestimate none of um,i just like my women to be women,and no i aint saying mrs b is not a proper women,and i think thats right.Lets face it,how many women(mrs or is that ms scooble besides)frequent this forum?
Most women(my opinion)who go out on bikes,do so on the back of there fella's bikes,or someone they want to get with.
Womens libbers are the ones who do the damage,they just seem jealous of men.Equal rights?Joke.Wimbeldon(tennis)-they want equal pay with the men-well play in the mens class then!Where are all the women Bricklayers,plasterers,scaffolders,SAS-SBS commando's?
Leeds council want to take 6k off the bin men :shock: fair enough,but lets make half of them women then.How can you compare a bin man,with a lollypop lady?crazy!
Dont get me wrong-women have got traits whatever you want to call it that we have not,there compassionate loving..oh you know what i mean,School teachers,nurses, bloody hundreds of things for them(not as phsically demanding)to do.
At the end of the day,it was a bit of jest aimed at the lads,if it made anyone chuckle,job done.If any women has taken offence sorry but thats tuff.
Being a Yorkshire man Pab,you know how it goes"say what i like,and like what i say",your Geordies are much the same :)
As for holes :mrgreen:
Ian_B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Ian_B »

SHimmer45 wrote:thats awesome looks great.

the well nuts where did you get them from?
Got the M6 well nuts from 'marches_salvage' on ebay (uk) and the M5 well nuts from 'nutsboltsfasteners' on ebay (uk).

Sad to say that its often cheaper to buy the parts in the UK and get them shipped than buying direct from Aus suppliers.

Howie wrote:Have you fitted a different rear shock Ian (sorry if you've already answered this but I haven't been paying attention :oops: )

Only reason I ask is the reservoir looks fantastic.

Howie
Front and rear suspension is by http://www.teknikracing.com/

Front is just a rechrome and rebuild. The original rear was beyond economical repair and so the rear was custom made.

I'm not sure what to do (clean, polish or paint) for the rearsets, the original ones are in quite a state but the budget doesn't really run to aftermarket ones.
Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Post by Bertie_Mollie »

Ian_B wrote:
Does anyone know if the indicator stalks are the standard length? They seem quite short.
Hi Ian,

That is really looking good. I am gonna be starting a rebuild at some point and that really sets a high standard.

In the UK we have long indicator stalks but that could well be different for you guys. Our rear muddy is different too.

GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(
GWB KR1 - YES IT'S DONE!
ZXR400L PROJECT :shock:
AND NO S****Y H****A'S

Usque Ad Mortem Bibendum