KR1S race bike-work to finish!

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Woodsy

KR1S race bike-work to finish!

Post by Woodsy » Tue May 29, 2018 10:29 pm

I’m pretty far through rebuilding my race KR1S, and I’m getting the chassis back together at the moment. Which is where I’m after any help / advice on a few things...
But first, a brief summary of the bike. I got it about 7 years back from a guy that had raced it with some mates as a team. It’s been pretty thoughtfully built, with solid blocks welded in place of the for standard cast footrest mounts on the frame, tzr250 frame mounted choke lever, Mark Jordan fettled barrels and cylinders (very tidy by the way!) and TZ silencers. It had been left to rot for a few years, and so I’ve stripped everything back to basics for a return to track, both trackdays and perhaps racing at my advanced years! Rebuilt crank (by BDK), replated barrels, all new bearings throughout, new 2nd gear and selector forks, replated forks, etc.
I’d like to modify the loom to remove the lighting, horn and ignition switch: question is, does anyone have a wiring diagram of what to modify/ remove from the loom?

SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Re: KR1S race bike-work to finish!

Post by SP_BOTT » Wed May 30, 2018 7:38 am

Do you need to go that far? Everything just unplugs from the loom, i think that's how i'd do it anyway, and shrinkwrap the connectors if worried about water ingress. But they're not that well protected in the first place.
How much was a crank rebuild, as BDK are reasonably close to me, what sort of turnaround, as they can be 'quite busy' at times.

Woodsy

Post by Woodsy » Wed May 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Thanks for the thoughts on the loom-the main points I’m hoping for advice on is making the kill switch the only ignition switch (ie losing the ignition barrel), and short circuiting the clutch/sidestand switch.
BDK were about 2-3 weeks turnaround from memory. 8)

Woodsy

Post by Woodsy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Looks like I’m on my own with the loom then... :lol:
Any advice from the racers about brake pads? I’m running standard discs for now and hope to do at least one of the TwoStroke GP rounds...