C2 rebuild now underway (more pics)

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
smoovly

C2 rebuild now underway (more pics)

Post by smoovly »

Couple more pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: C2 rebuild now underway (more pics)

Post by podman »

Lovely work mate....
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

It's going to look better than new at this rate :)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

That looks great =D> =D> =D>
The callipers look fantastic, what finish is that on them?
The probolts really finish it off.
Well done. Can't wait to see what the finished bike will look like.
Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

Standard Suzuki finish, spent a while finding some nice nick ones but worth looking. Bolts are Ti ones off eBay. Calipers are so light compared to std although had to add a washer to centre them on the discs.

Next jobs are rear mudgaurd, fit the clocks and exhaust bracket then clean the powder off the mounts and get the motor in. Shims at the ready...
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

smoovly wrote:Standard Suzuki finish, spent a while finding some nice nick ones but worth looking. Bolts are Ti ones off eBay. Calipers are so light compared to std although had to add a washer to centre them on the discs.

I used some of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZXR400-ZXR750 ... SwpDdU465T
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

Snap. But, still didn't quite line up as well as I would have liked. Should be ok with a washer, it's only the brakes so nothing too critical. :D
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

First lot of plating is back so at last I can start to put some bits on. Typical fab finish from Collins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

I've got some clear stuff being done next week so will post some pics of that too when it comes back plus some pics of the bike with some of it bolted on.

Pads & hoses ordered, Wiseco pistons coming soon then it's off with the barrels. Bank balance emptying at a shocking rate but I knew that was going to happen....
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

That looks good, never had any 'blacking' done before, it's either been zinc or yellow so far, whats the spring off? don't remember removing one of them, I'm just putting mine together too.
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

I think that the spring is a guard that goes between the rear brake master cylinder and the reservoir, it looks like the one on my kr-1.
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

Yep, it goes on the hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder.
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

Made tons of progress over the last few weeks.

Barrels have been to Aptec and Wiseco pistons from Jarno installed. Standard pipes have been painted and all zincing is done. Need some offset clamps for the JL cans, Tyga ones look like they will do the trick. Still looking for that elusive horn bracket and need to make a clutch cable loop for the clock bracket and get that re-coated. Was happy with it but now the clutch cable is on I see that it really needs it. KIPS system all sorted, went with the original valves as not too badly grooved, new seals, aftermarket rods and pattern cables. It's nice and smooth and hopefully won't leak.

Should be ready to fire it up in a few weeks once I can find my wife's spare hairdryer to get the airbox on.
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

More pics.