Well that's it basically finished!! just a couple wee bits I need to sort out that I aint happy with.
Made the 1200 mile round trip again at the weekend to pick to bike back up from BDK after them working their magic on the engine. I have to say it was well worth it!! the engine looks better than new. Glad I decided to get it all blasted and the bolts etc plated it has made all the difference.
Turns out it was also running a bit lean so it also paid to have them run it on the Dyno and set it up properly.
Looks a lot cleaner under the tank now.
And the engine
Just the exhaust let it down now! I did ask BDK about replacing them but they reckon the standard exhaust works really well on a standard bike
And how she looks now
Just need a lower exhaust bracket ( ordered from fred ) 2 other exhaust brackets for around the cans and that's about it really.
It's been my first ever rebuild and it was a total nut and bolt job with almost everything being either painted, plated or replaced.
The only parts I didn't do myself were the frame and the engine.
Really impressed with how it's turned out and if I'm being honest I wish I had taken a wee bit more time over it as I'm pretty sure it could've been even better if I had.
Looking for another project already!! I would love to do another KR1S but that would just be greedy!!! lol