Re: My KR1s Project

Post by Ian_B »

Your bike looks fantastic, great job!
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

It's a smasher ..great rebuild mate :)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

That is stunning, hope to finish my paintwork this year (again), also reminded me to get an exhaust bracket too, have fun with it. :)
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

Very nice, If you want the exhausts to match the rest of the bike you can get them ceramic coated, i've had this done to the 4-1 system on my 250cc katana, when I had it done I asked the boss of the company (performance 1 coatings) if they can coat two stroke expansion chambers and he said yes, its an amazing transformation, a really tough, durable finish that also keeps the pipes running cooler :)
Llewe
Light Smoker

Post by Llewe »

Excellent work there mate, one of the best around, my own rebuild is almost finished and I will post pictures shortly, but I have to say it's not as good as yours. What Pookie says about ceramic coating the exhausts sounds good and I am going to look into that.

Mark.
Llewe
Light Smoker

Post by Llewe »

Hi Toby
Just wondering how you applied the decals, I done OK with mine apart from the yellow number board which I had air bubbles under and could not rectify, ended up tearing it off. I used the wet type application method, the decals I used are from the same place as yours (Andy at classic reproduction decals) which are good.

Any thoughts?
Mark
toby69
Light Smoker

Post by toby69 »

Llewe wrote:Hi Toby
Just wondering how you applied the decals, I done OK with mine apart from the yellow number board which I had air bubbles under and could not rectify, ended up tearing it off. I used the wet type application method, the decals I used are from the same place as yours (Andy at classic reproduction decals) which are good.

Any thoughts?
Mark
Hi Mark
Thanks, yeah the yellow number boards were a wee bit challenging!! I also used the wet method to put them on. I had quite a few air bubbles too but manage to squeeze most of them out. The ones I couldn't I burst with a needle. There was some tiny ones that didn't seem to want to bust but they seem to have gone now after its all painted.

I'm going to try and pop in to see performance 1 coatings later in the year about coating the exhausts as they are just round the corner form my Granny and planning a visit later in the year
Llewe
Light Smoker

Post by Llewe »

Hi Toby,

Thanks for the advice on the decals, I have ordered new ones and will have another go, but Bernie mentioned painting instead so I will take that route if my next attempt fails.

Cheers
Mark