This is going to be fun too!!!

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

This is going to be fun too!!!

Post by KR1Lee »

Sods law as soon as one comes along another turns up! I'd heard about this KR1S a few months ago, then it went quiet. I received a call from my friend who knew the owner to pass on his details. I called and arranged to see the bike, which I was told was in good condition apart from the engine which had blown and was removed from the frame for repair. What I didn't know was that the whole bike had been stripped down and placed in boxes. I'm informed that it is all there! At the moment all I have planned is to go through all the boxes and strip the rest of the parts with a view to having both the KR1 and KR1S parts refurbished. I will then bag everything up and probably pick the best parts to make the KR1S and possibly sell the KR1 parts. The KR1S frame has the crack at the engine mounting point and a nasty scuff on the fork leg. I'll let the photos tell the rest! P.S, I do have two wheels! Any advice is more than welcome!

Lee :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Re: This is going to be fun too!!!

Post by KR1Lee »

More photos!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

And more.....
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

And more........
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

And more....
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

Last couple for now!
dmac
Heavy Smoker

Post by dmac »

Handy that it was already dismantled, to sell for parts :lol:

You have the guts of it there, and should have a great bike in the end, Keep us all updated 8)
I used to be undecided, but now I am not so sure.
boggy
Heavy Smoker

Post by boggy »

Looks like it has had a hard life!Good luck and I hope you have lots of patience!
Boggy :lol:
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

Yeah it's definitely had a harder life than the KR1, that's why I'm still deciding which one to start. Even the rectifier plate is damaged. I have all the resources local to me to replate and paint etc. I'm also thinking about getting an ultrasonic cleaner, but not sure what make.
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

Just received these re-plated bolts, nuts etc for both bikes off a friend. Waiting for the black bits to come back. I need to go through the parts lists and bag it all up for the rebuild.
dmac
Heavy Smoker

Post by dmac »

I like shiney :D

Makes a big difference to the end result - keep it up
I used to be undecided, but now I am not so sure.
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

I think in hindsight I should have cleaned all the parts first. There is pitting on the larger stuff where the chemicals have eating the metal, but most of it is perfect. I have to remember the bikes are 25 years old and there'll always be parts that aren't going to be as good as others. He did it all for £50 and said he will happily do any forum members parts. He's based in Newton Aycliffe in the North East.