Show us that box of bits in your shed!
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

2x engine build

Post by EYREY1 »

just been reading jarnos post and he said it was a bit quiet on here
so i thought i would post what im doing
ive got the crank back from a bloke i know who builds them for me ,
its got new seals ,new bearings ,big ends ,and bdk centre pin .
ive not done a kr1s engine before so im looking forward to it
then i can build the bike back up that i bought in bits ,
the bike is a kr1-s c-3 in firecracker red and grey ,bike will just be a std build
ive allways wanted one since my mate used to race them back in the day
and it can go with the other 250's i have
so i will post a bit about it as i do the build.

also i was thinking of getting a v-due engine and putting it in an aprilia rs250 frame and swingarm !
ive seen one on a website someone in italy built and i would love a 500cc 2 stroke
but seeing as this is a kr1 forum i dont know if you want to see it when i start it
so if anyone has any rs250 parts or a v due engine under there bench or just parts for one please pm me !
thanks in advance Gary
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: 2x engine build

Post by Luders »

I'm sure people here will want to see it Gary. From my perspective, I'm interested in all 2-strokes and various projects, especially something like a V-Due Aprilia.

Looks like I've found a motor for my project in Copenhagen, so will be heading up there on a road trip in the next month.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

As Ben says we all love engine builds/ rebuilds/ strip downs on here so post whatever you have. Good luck in tracking down your parts.

Steve
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

X2 =D>
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

Binetta Steve wrote:As Ben says we all love engine builds/ rebuilds/ strip downs on here so post whatever you have. Good luck in tracking down your parts.

Steve
i was just messing about the parts , lol
ive got the frame and swingarm ,front end zxr400 ,engine ,carbs ect
and im looking to try to get this engine mounted in the next few weeks .
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

do you want me to post pics of the engine ?
jarno
Oil Injector

Post by jarno »

yes please [-o<
Kr1s C1 zeus blue
Kr1s c2 black green
ZXR400 SP
ZXR250A
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

in case you didnt know a v due is a twingle engine, both cylinders fire at the same time. Each cylinder is counter rotating too. Single crankshaft for each cylinder rather than a shared crank.[maccas] he called in yesterday lol.
i got this from some where
Last edited by EYREY1 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

it soon became apparent that i had not thought this through properly .
bits are hard / impossible to get unless you know the right person ,
i watched e bay throughout the world for 2 months and not 1 used or new part came up for sale except a frame in germany and the lad selling that ripped a lad on the bimota forum off a couple of months ago .
as it happens i was pointed the way of an italian bloke called Piero
and he used to work for bimota as a head mechanic or desighner on the v-due model that bankrupt them
he bought all the stock of bikes ,spares ,rights to the v due .
so he was the man i needed to contact .
he has a good few complete engines but some parts are a bit nla !
and why strip a 5500 euro engine ,soon to go up to 7500 euro's engine for a 100 euro part and then have an in-complete engine . he wont will he ?
Last edited by EYREY1 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Interesting, never seen a V-Due motor before out the bike. I wonder why they went for reed valves.

Do you know how much it weighs Gary? Looks fairly compact
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

I WILL weigh the engine when i put it together ben
when i first started looking for parts i thought bimota wont have made there own clutch ,alternator,clutch slave
i got an alternator off a ducati 900ss the clutch slave i got new just from part no's on e bay
so that saved some money ,but the clutch seems to be a bimota special just made for them !
anyway i have all the parts now except the clutch and a gear that goes wher'e the kick start should go
and that's 150 euro on its own
he only has 2 complete clutch kits left until he gets enough orders to warrant getting some made
so maybe never lol
im not bothered though as he now has 1 clutch and the other is on its way to me !
once that is here i have it all !
i have a pair of pwk39's i got when i started looking for bits
frp make a nice inlet manifold for 485 euros
also the flywheel /alternater is on one crank end and the rotor on the other and the rotor has at least 30 points on it and must be for the fuel injection or crank position censor
so the only option is bimota loom clocks ecu cdi ect
but i messaged borat who is mr zeeltronic progammable ignitions and he said a few were running v24 boxes but you had to get a special rotor and hub from a German bloke called Guido and to contact him .
so i e maild guido and he said he had some in stock for 86 euro's made by frp so i bought one , also Piero the italian has no inlet manifolds for the carbs , so i asked guido who said he had a few of them .
frp inlets are 480 euro's ,bimota ones are 200 euro and both the rubbers on there own are 70 euros ,the difference between those and the bimota ones are that they are sandwiched between 2 pieces of ally plate , so i bought the 70 euro option and i can sort out the plates later
they arrived on christmas eve and once the clutch and last few bits get here next week i have a complete engine !
pics are not too good as i used my crap i phone ,i should have got the propper camera out ,next time i will.
the 39mm inlet rubbers
FRP rotor and hub in billet
look good with the carbs
and 1 1/2 weeks ago i got this lot from Piero in italy
im hoping to get it in the frame using some billet machined brackets in the next couple of weeks !
Last edited by EYREY1 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

Luders wrote:I'm sure people here will want to see it Gary. From my perspective, I'm interested in all 2-strokes and various projects, especially something like a V-Due Aprilia.

Looks like I've found a motor for my project in Copenhagen, so will be heading up there on a road trip in the next month.
got any pics of it mate ?
how complete is it and how much ?
cant you get it posted to you ? its a bloody long way to travel for one ,
use paypal or your credit card to pay for it but paypal use the business payment option
and you are covered the same as you are on e bay or more covered if you use a credit card not debit [no cover]
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

It's 100% complete and freshly rebuilt. There are also a load of spares, probably enough for a 2nd complete engine. Price is about £3k and I don’t mind driving to get it.

mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

If you buy that rotax engine beware the rear head has a bleed screw to allow it to be installed backwards (as per the pic) so there is no air trapped. You do get a hot spot though. Better if the rear head can go on the other way so the water outlet is at the highest point. When you install the engine in a frame you will see what I mean. They respond well to 38mm power jet carbs :-)

There is always this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXTON-ROTAX- ... 1e9675095e
skidc2
Light Smoker

Post by skidc2 »

Two very ambitious projects there guys!all the best and keep the pics coming :)