kr250b crate bike

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
mongreluc

kr250b crate bike

Post by mongreluc »

hi this is my new kr1 project. I call it a crate bike due to the fact all the parts arrived in crates.Image
motor and gear box
the bikes pretty far gone but there is enough to make a good one out of with a bit of help and time and a fair bit of time on ebay i think
mongreluc

Re: kr250b crate bike

Post by mongreluc »

are the carbys off the kr250a the same as the ones on the kr250b or can they be made to work
fuad

Post by fuad »

good lark mongreluc
DeadHammer
Heavy Smoker

Post by DeadHammer »

I know the feeling mongreluc. Mine was an absolute shed when I got it and in many, many pieces. It's now in even more pieces but I have managed to source nearly all of the parts I need with the help of some of the great guys on this forum (and a little ebayage).

Good luck with the project and keep the photos coming!.. :)
mongreluc

Post by mongreluc »

To date i have just about got a complete bottom end. The included parts that come with the bike contained lots of broken bits. There was two broken gear boxes and the crank is border line but thanks to ebay uk i have a good crank and gearbox.
It may just be me but there seams to be a much bigger following of the kr's in the uk then down here in aus
mongreluc

Post by mongreluc »

The crank that come with the bike had one pin that was marginal so i had to source a replacement thanks to ebay uk a replacement was sourced. From what i can gather the bike was last regoed in 1996 and time has not been its friend.
The amount of broken bits that come with the bike ie 3 blown gearboxes and the shoddy fiberglass fairing say possibly used as a race bike. But it will live again on the road with a fair bit of work and help from mates
kr aussie

Post by kr aussie »

G day mate.wear in oz u from me withcott qld. I havnt had my kr250a out for 28 years but keen to rebuild now