Hybrid project

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Re: Hybrid project

Post by Gerrit » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:35 am

I will be using a 4TW TZ250 fairing, which has two separate intakes for the two airboxes. The RH cylinder gets its air from an intake in the upper fairing's RH leading edge, the intake for the LH cylinder is next to the front number plate area on the LH side. I will be using the LH intake with a 4TW LH air duct:

The stub has an OD of about 50 mm which is a bit marginal for two 35 mm PWKs so it will be replaced with a length of 55 mm OD or 60 mm OD carbon fibre tubing. The duct may require some further alteration but this will be determined when the chassis is assembled and the upper fairing half fitted.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.

Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Minor update: I received a length of 40 mm OD titanium bar which will be used to make a steering stem nut. I'm waiting for the delivery of a 28mm OD x 300 mm piece, this will be used for a steering stem. Total calculated weight saving will be about 230 g.

Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:40 pm

As Jarno has started to weigh all components of his project, I've decided to do a bit of my own weighing. The main frame (KR-1 based) weighs 8.71 kg, the cut off rear subframe 2.4 kg. This gives a total of 11.11 kg, which is practically the same as Jarno's bare KR-1S frame. This should answer the question whether there is any difference in frame weights: none. Admittedly I've added some brackets and removed others, but this should have no effect on the outcome.

KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:21 am

longshots..

https://titanclassics.com/?s=stem+nut&post_type=product

see what others they do. might save

have you got a dimensional drawing of the swingarm tube - might inspire some manufacture

Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:23 pm

I've found a titanium steering stem nut for the vj22 Suzuki RGV, but not for the KR-1(S). In general there are very few KR-specific goodies available, unlike for TZR and RGV, so making one-offs is the only alternative. Some of the stuff Beet made would be nice, but unfortunately No Longer Available.
If you are interested I can send you a drawing of the swingarm sleeve.