kr-1 in the sun!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
pookie
Oil Injector

kr-1 in the sun!

Post by pookie »

hi, big shiny yellow thing in the sky today (what is it?) so had a spin on the kr-1, first thing to do was put petrol in it (as usual) hadn't taken any pics for a while but it always comes up looking fresh (unlike its owner!) Image Image Image
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

Ahhh... nice, but youre tricking us?

all youve done is borrowed Martins bike and changed a couple of items to black just to fool us
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

God I wish my bodywork looked that good, the bikes, not mine (hmmm)

My bike looks great at about 100yrds then gets worse as you get closer :(

Oh well, one day.....

Howie
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

This was my biggest love-ever.
Hope soon i will own one again.
Still remember back on 24/7/1989 we opened the wooden box and saw her so shiny-brand new... \:D/
Got to sell her 5 years latter,after one accident at work.
Yoyr beauty look new,but mirrors not fit this green bike.
Original ones are white.
Gonzohop
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gonzohop »

Beautiful! =D>
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

manosamos wrote: Yoyr beauty look new,but mirrors not fit this green bike.
Original ones are white.
And an original screen.......would be a toss up between yours and Martin's.
One nice bike all the same though bud 8) .
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

hi, thanks for the positive comments :) i've owned the bike from new (21 years ago!) got other pictures of my bike on the 'show me yours' section, see 'old newbie' i have explained on there that i still have the original white mirrors and clear screen, i have changed them because the clear screen showed all the cables and wires behind it, and the white mirrors got covered in squashed flies etc and looked grubby and needed cleaning after nearly every journey, i've even kept the original rubber brake lines after fitting goodridge stainless steel ones, its covered 12000 miles from new and has had a change of tyres, two new sets of brake pads and four new batteries, its still got the original chain on it!
Si7
Smoker

Post by Si7 »

That's a beauty :)
Last edited by Si7 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Love it Pookie.21 yrs from new thats not something many folk can say.
"Turned out nice again"
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

news flash! it's got its mot at the end of the month, booked it in, decided to go for a spin to check horn, lights etc and the battery was flat! so went off to dealers and purchased battery number five :)

it makes me laugh that when i bought the bike i was only 22 years old and used to pull up at the lights and see my reflection in the funeral directors window, now when i do this my fat gut hangs over the fuel tank :shock:
Si7
Smoker

Post by Si7 »

Amazing how you can keep the same bike for 21 years, you must be properly attached to it, impressive =D> I can't keep anything for 5 minutes!
jonnykr1

Post by jonnykr1 »

21 years and you aint blew it up yet? lol wow!

i cant keep things for more than a few months normally lol done well with the kr1 had her over a year nw!
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

pookie wrote:
it makes me laugh that when i bought the bike i was only 22 years old and used to pull up at the lights and see my reflection in the funeral directors window, now when i do this my fat gut hangs over the fuel tank :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: mint.............I know exactly what you mean.
"Turned out nice again"
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

i managed to keep mine 5 years, 7 blow ups last one my fault heat seize, 1 brand new crank as well, all paid for by kawasaki piston fault apart from no 7, best blow up was 191 miles before she blew, but i still loved her for 5 years before she went. Interested to know have you had the usual kr1 blow ups, met a guy once on an S he had covered 16,000 no blow ups or nothing not even a genee, lucky guy didn't give it enough in my mind lol, but fantastic bike look forward to the next 21 yrs and get your meaning looking in the windows for a pose with your fat gut ha ha.

No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

maybe i just got lucky with my one, the people at mr kawasakis factory must have been happy when they built my kr-1, a week after i bought it i got 120 mph on the clock on the A3, i've never thrashed it though but even last week i got 90mph on an A road near me, just after i bought it in 1989 i found out about the gudgeon pins that apparently come loose, destroying the bores which because they're nikasil coated were expensive to replace, also found out that rear lamp bulbs were supposed to go pop all the time but i'm on my original one, looks like i got a good one :)