first ride since lockdown

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

first ride since lockdown

Post by mr_bungholeo »

hope all are well...first ride since this stupid covid lockdown.
found some good roads and im now grinning like a kid....
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
pookie
Oil Injector

Re: first ride since lockdown

Post by pookie »

Good stuff, will be out on my Kr-1 at the weekend, have already found out that most bikers haunts near me are closed and gated. good thing really 'cos there would have been hundreds of bikes there with no chance of social distancing, and now that police on the spot lockdown fines have increased to £100 there is another good reason to behave or it could be an expensive first ride of the year!
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

Individuals choice, but maybe riding bikes at the moment is perhaps not the most responsible thing to do.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Reporting from Sunny North Wales, we are still on lockdown, only essential travel. There are three Police roadblocks that pop up regularly.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Reporting from Sunny North Wales, we are still on lockdown, only essential travel. There are three Police roadblocks that pop up regularly.
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

Garry wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 pm Individuals choice, but maybe riding bikes at the moment is perhaps not the most responsible thing to do.
Garry; If you are looking from the point of view of 'avoiding incurring a penalty from the police', I think you are right. However, from another point of view; A couple of weeks ago, I went for a 200km ride by myself wearing a full-face helmet, starting and finishing at my garage. The only person I came within talking distance of was a petrol station attendant, who was standing behind a Perspex screen - our 'contact' in this situation lasted about 15 seconds.
From a Corona Virus perspective, going for a ride like this is much safer than going to the supermarket, walking in the park, or standing outside a restaurant waiting for a takeaway meal.
Going for a ride (or drive) won't help spread the Corona Virus, unless one stops to interact with other people. Admittedly, the restrictions in Australia appear a little lighter than those in some other countries. However, going for a similar ride in any other country should not appreciably raise the risk of catching or passing on the virus. It is unfortunate that there is no real way to prove one's intention though.

Interestingly, while on my ride, I saw many more police cars than usual (some had pulled motorists over, some were just cruising). Hearsay suggests that the police only stopped those who were breaking the law (e.g. speeding) and may have also issued on-the-spot 'COVID' fines if any of those stopped couldn't give a good reason for their journey.

I would be interested to know the present situation for riding in other countries, as well as the various regions of the UK.

Regards,
James