Kr 250b1 1988

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Kawakaare

Kr 250b1 1988

Post by Kawakaare »

Hello im new to the forum so here is some photos of My kr1, which was sat in a hen house for about 8 years, and pictures of my engine rebuild. The bike is currently grinded down for a complete paint job. Also attached is photos of My home made intakes, and crankshaft alignment "tool" (laugh all you want it actually works) :lol:
Ill upload more photos as the fairings get painted, and i make my own little modifications.
The bike is meant for trackdays just for start, later perhaps for some racing. Right now its just for fun and filling in time between sidecar racing, with my brother.

Before teardown:

Engine rebuild, including crank rebuild:

ImageImage

My homemade aluminum intakes:

ImageImage

After reassembly, grinded fairings ready for a complete paint job:

Me and my brother in the sidecar:
Last edited by Kawakaare on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"fear allows you to feel your body better, it makes you act like a wild animal."

-Dani Pedrosa
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Re: Kr 250b1 1988

Post by the KR kid »

Can't see any pics.

Welcome to the forum!
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
Kawakaare

Post by Kawakaare »

Thanks, having trouble with uploading hopefully theyll be up soon πŸ‘
"fear allows you to feel your body better, it makes you act like a wild animal."

-Dani Pedrosa
Rolex
Heavy Smoker

Re: Kr1

Post by Rolex »

πŸ‘
Last edited by Rolex on Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kawakaare

Post by Kawakaare »

Thanks John, finally figured it out. Uploading photos now :mrgreen:

-Dani Pedrosa
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Brilliant garage, it will be the envy of many on here. I particularly like the toy car. What colour are you going with as the current must be the most drab scheme I have ever seen.

Sidecar photo looks full on!

Steve
Kawakaare

Post by Kawakaare »

Thanks Steve, im definetly not complaining about our garage facilitys. Mainly used for welding and creating/repairing racing parts. Engine operations are done in my buddys workshop, he has a proffesional mc-garage. clean and all the special tools a mechanic could dream of :P

The toy car is mainly used by my niece to wreak havoc and destruction :lol:

Red/White/Black to match the sidecar, and my new custom suit :wink:

-Dani Pedrosa
Rolex
Heavy Smoker

Post by Rolex »

No problem glad you got the photos sorted definitely agree with Steve loads of space in garage πŸ‘ unfortunately mine is a bit small or I got one to many 2strokes πŸ˜‚ look forward seeing your paint job soon cheers john
Kawakaare

Post by Kawakaare »

Must be a small garage John... Theres no such thing as too many 2-strokes :lol:

-Dani Pedrosa
Rolex
Heavy Smoker

Post by Rolex »

Lol just a standard size garage like most unfortunately πŸ™but definitely agree you can never have enough 2T bikes and the space to work on them πŸ‘πŸ‘
Kawakaare

Post by Kawakaare »

Minor touches on the bike today, painted left exhaust pipe with heat resistant paint.

Finished up the dash. Temporary oil temp gauge for my water water temp. Original was defective, probably get an aftermarket gauge similar to the original.

And finally experimenting with boring of the carbs, just making them a little oval upwards, for alittle more air at wot and better top end performance.(Or atleast thats the idea :lol: )
Vforce Reeds should arrive friday, so hopefully ready for at test run beginning of next week.

-Dani Pedrosa
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

KΓ₯re,

That is an interesting jig you have for assembling the crankshaft - did you make it? I presume you can use it to set the big end pins 180 degrees apart with the balancer gear in the correct position. Can you post some more photos showing how it works in more detail?

I am also interested in your inlet manifolds. Are they machined from a single piece of aluminium, or did you machine two pieces and weld them together? Will you machine a groove for a special rubber sleeve to mount the carb, or just use a piece of radiator hose or similar? Will you use a gasket between the manifold and the reed block, or just use sealant?

I am intrigued by the front brake discs on your bike - do you know where they came from?

Thanks & regards,
James