My project so far

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

satarn wrote:Got any ideas where I can get the parts ?
regards Krish
Yes. I got a complete set of gears made. Cost me about £50 per gear. I had to drop of a standard box for them to copy and the actual KR1R ratio's and got them made. You interested?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
satarn
Smoker

Post by satarn »

Hi Elf How much for all the parts I would need ?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

It cost me about £400 for all of the gears but that was a couple of years ago. They were made at "Mates rates" and I had to wait for a paying customer's gearbox to go for heat treatment so mine could be slipped in with it otherwise the heat treatment would have cost another £200.

Then I had to assemble the gearbox shafts my-self and do any final fitting of the parts (general polishing and fitting after the heat treatment etc.) If your interested I can go and see the MD of the company again and take a spare box over and get them done for you?

Might even get a spare second box made for my-self. As far as I know there are only two close ratio KR1R spec gearboxes in the UK, one in Mark Jordans race bike and one in mine.

What rear sets are you using? I found that they were way to far forward and it felt too sit up and beg. I made some brackets to move them about 50mm up and about 120mm back and made a new gear change linkage to suit. Makes the riding position alot more head down arse up.

/edit By the sound of it you have a decent tune on the engine. Have you fitted a bigger radiator? the standard one can barly cope with a standard engine. If you tune the engine then you'r gonna need a lot bigger rad.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Can't you tell I've got a day off and I'm back at home with proper internet access :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Got time to catch up with all the posts on the forum. :D

Are you running the stock Zeeltech ignition settings or have you got the ignition curve set up on the dyno?

Got to spend another day on the dyno my-self at some point to get some final settings but I'm running a lot more advance over the ignition curve that comes as standard with the zeeltech unit. You do need to get it set up right for the pipes/tune/carbs etc. to get the best out of her. I can let you have my current curve if you like but you'll need to get it checked out on a dyno. what works on my bike might not work on yours and I don't want you to be pointing a finger at me cause your engine died. :lol:
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

great bike, nice to see a fully legal number plate on a special, dunno about those rear indicators though
satarn
Smoker

Post by satarn »

Hi Elf sorry about the slow reply , I would not say no to a firm quote for the gearbox parts . The rearsets are Coerce bought of ebay. I have fitted a radiator off an nsr250 mc28 , it keeps the bike a lot cooler . Graham File has just done a whole load more work on my engine including TZ flat top pistons with a shamford edge . I have booked Dynotech for the 3rd of August to set up Borets ignition and carbs .Graham is hoping to come . I will try and put my ignition advance on here afterwards with the dyno print out .
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

Shamford ... is that anywhere near Fillettown? :o
satarn
Smoker

Post by satarn »

satarn
Smoker

Post by satarn »

ABOVE My dyno results and how my zeeltronic ignition is set up . Jetting for my PWK 35mm carbs as follows : main jet 150 , needle DEJ middle clip , pilot jet 48 and slide cut away 6 . I hope this may be of help to others .
Krish
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

HP figures at wheel or cranck ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
satarn
Smoker

Post by satarn »

Hi JanBros they are at the wheel
regards Krish
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

wow, that looks absolutely spot on, 3ma swinger suits it down to the ground, tail looks mint, it all looks mint lol, credit to you, well done, keep it up
Olboy

Post by Olboy »

Love the paint scheme. Top job
Cexley
Smoker

Post by Cexley »

What a blinder. Love the mods around the seat area and the indicator locations are truly inspired. Cleaning up the aerodynamics must give you an extra 10mph without the File engine! If you ever want to sell........
KR250 Tandem - Love It
KR1 Project - Sold
XT600Z 3AJ Tenere Overlander
TZR250R 3MA Reverse Cylinder - Sold
TZR250R 3XV V-Twin - Road & Track
TDR250 - Road & Track
XTZ850 Super Ten Dakar Sonauto Rep - Sold
satarn
Smoker

Two new engines being built

Post by satarn »

Graham File has started on two new engines for me one using TZR250 3ma cylinders and the other using YZ125 cylinders with a long stroke crank . To get the cylinders to fit had to get some welding done before they can be CNC machined .

This is the TZR250 cylinders with a KR1S cylinder and gasket to the left .

The YZ125 cylinders with KR1S cylinder and gasket to the left .