orville (kh400) at Mallory park

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
kezsam
Light Smoker

orville (kh400) at Mallory park

Post by kezsam »

Binetta steve asked me to post up some pictures of Orvilles recent day at Mallory, and hence the reason for the request in parts wanted

so we are back at Mallory park and this time i'm with my two boys, Arron and Jake for some friendly on track rivalry, whilst being fed and watered by Sam ( my far better half).

once again it was cold and wet

We were up early and snagged a garage 8)
so here we are, me and my two mates ready to be naughty

come on it was cold and wet and you have to keep your loved ones warm

out on track

the first two sessions went well but then Arron binned it coming out of the bus stop and into the devils elbow, What a twit

the next session Orville was not well at all,so i pulled in and started checking , Fuel, spark throttle opening, loose leads , and then a compression check, nothing on the left cylinder feck it strip it down

so sent the gaskets into the motorhome to be re annealed clean out the barrel as best we could put in spare piston rebuild and off we go again. went well to start but similar symptoms started again, so strip it again

another re bore, well clean up and new piston and start again , this time i added two stroke to the tank, just to be safe and all went well for the rest of the day 8)

Just the rain got heavier :?

but we still got out and even with all the work carried out on the bike I didn't miss a session, i bloody love my bike

and in the end there were two left standing

A crackin day in the end with big grin factors all round, roll on the next one, oh once i figure out why two pistons melted, i have a theory :?
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Re: orville (kh400) at Mallory park

Post by Binetta Steve »

Your determination in a cold & wet February is brill. Most folk would have used the first mechanical to call it a day.
podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: orville (kh400) at Mallory park

Post by podman »

Binetta Steve wrote:Your determination in a cold & wet February is brill. Most folk would have used the first mechanical to call it a day.

Thats a fact, great read and pictures, fair play mate, the KH looks a weapon!