New member, I have KIPS but no KR1S.

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
stevo135+
Smoker

New member, I have KIPS but no KR1S.

Post by stevo135+ »

Hi everyone.

I hope you don't mind me joining the forum to show a pic of my project bike, and to ask for a bit of Kawasaki two stroke expertise?
I've had this KMX 125 for just over a year and have been doing a few small bits and pieces with it since.
I never did own a KR1/1S, but back in the late 90's I had a tatty TZR250 2MA, and always wanted a KR1 while I had that bike.

Regards.

Steve.
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Re: New member, I have KIPS but no KR1S.

Post by Top-shaggy »

Nice one. Doesn't look much like a project to me, looks like new :)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
toby69
Light Smoker

Post by toby69 »

Hello and welcome

That looks mint!! very nice 8)

I loved my KMX, did a DIY derestriction with help of some friends and it could keep up with the local TZR125s

It's life ended rather swiftly at only 6 months old!!!!! and ended up like this!!

and the car that decided to pull out in front of me. Also wrote it off! :lol: =D>
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Holy sheet Toby :shock:

What happened to your body :?
Can it yer old boiler
toby69
Light Smoker

Post by toby69 »

headcoats wrote:Holy sheet Toby :shock:

What happened to your body :?
My body recovered, well almost. had a broken wrist and a compound fracture of my Femur!! which has ended up with me having 1 leg about an inch long than the other so that leads to back pains quite a lot. But did it put me off?? No not one bit! :P Although if I'm totally honest it probably saved my life as I have had so many close calls on bigger bikes since but I'm always expecting it now so have manage to avoid contact again up till now! although some have been mighty close!!!!
stevo135+
Smoker

Post by stevo135+ »

Ouch!!
Toby that was some smash indeed! Shame as your nearly new KMX looked still spotless at the time it got bent.
Can very much believe the keeping up with TZR's etc. The KMX was an 80mph+ bike with 20min's work and a new exhaust gasket. :)

I've now put continental radial road tyres on mine, it looks really weird, but I've got a tatty KMX200 for going off road on, so this is a sunny day town centre bike lol! It's also got sintered brake pads/stainless steel brake lines, and a £470 fully adjustable Wilbers shock that was ordered in a moment of madness, after the squeaky too soft pattern shock did my head in.

Other stuff was the seat done to OEM spec and colour, with the original KMX logo on, it took ages for this to get done, but it's one of my favourite bits of the bike now!

Oh and I've just got a brand new TMX30 carb, and V-Force Reed valve to go on, and to really blow the budget I've asked Kenny at Two stroke Addicts to design and build a stainless steel pipe for it, as the re-painted Fresco pipe on it keeps bubbling up near the engine end. It does sound nice as it is though, and though I'm not as light as I was at 17, it still feels nippy for a 125 and puts a smile on my face too!
Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit »

Ye gods!!!! :shock:
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.