KR1 Wheels (complete) and other stuff wanted for 'Swamp Thing'

Need some bits ask here
DeadHammer
Heavy Smoker

KR1 Wheels (complete) and other stuff wanted for 'Swamp Thing'

Post by DeadHammer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:41 pm

As per my 'Swamp Thing' thread in the projects section - I'm after a set of KR1 wheels with spacers, sprocket carrier, speedo drive etc. Loads of other KR1 bits also required so if you have anything left over from a recent KR1 project please get in touch..

Cheers

Dave

Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Re: KR1 Wheels (complete) and other stuff wanted for 'Swamp Thing'

Post by Bertie_Mollie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi Dave,

I have a sprocket carrier, KR1 speedo drive, front wheel spindle. I think I have a chromed rear spindle somewhere as well.

Also have a decent KR1 front brake m/c with brake lines and splitter.

Let me know if you are still looking.

Cheers,

Andrew
GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(
GWB KR1 - Almost finished, but not quite yet, will definitely get round to it at some point tho'.
AND NO H****A'S

Usque Ad Mortem Bibendum

DeadHammer
Heavy Smoker

Post by DeadHammer » Fri May 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks Andrew I now have a set of wheels etc. (thanks to buzinc) but am still after the following if anyone can help out?

KR1 rear wheel spindle and nut
KR1 chain adjusters
KR1 swingarm nut (i have the spindle itself)
KR1/KR1S left hand riders foot peg (with pin,spring, collar etc.) carrier not required
KR1/KR1S throttle cable (mine is shagged)

Cheers

Dave

pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie » Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm

When these bikes were manufactured the factories used the same parts on many different models to save money, the chain adjusters, swing arm nut and throttle cable are probably used on other kawasaki models, if you obtain the part number (by using a parts website like Corby Kawasaki) you can see if its still available and what other bikes the part was fitted on, parts like the rear wheel spindle and foot rest may be model specific though.

DeadHammer
Heavy Smoker

Post by DeadHammer » Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks pookie,

Following your advice I've just tried this with the chain adjusters (p/n 330401090 from CMSNL) and then searched on Cradley and CMSNL web site and both say No Longer Available. I can see your point though - they must be the same as other models.

And the swing arm spindle nut is just a flanged nut but i don't know the thread pitch etc.

I've just noticed that Vehicle Wiring Products do various sleeves and cables so if i can't find any OEM parts i'll just make my own throttle cables etc..

The clock is ticking in finishing the bike for the track day on the 24th June but the good news is that my barrels are back from being refurbished so the top end can go back on! :P