Wanted barrels.

Need some bits ask here
Marty_Rillo
Heavy Smoker

Wanted barrels.

Post by Marty_Rillo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi fellas, and ladies...
This is going to be the usual add.
I have spoken with a few people about barrels but it seems I'm too far out the loop to get any.
If any one wants to help out and has a couple of standard or standardish barrels for a kr1s that would be lovely.
Any condition.
I'm feeling a bit like these bikes are getting ridden less and less, and I'm now suffering from pasting the old girl!!
Cheers Martin.

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Re: Wanted barrels.

Post by Binetta Steve » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Martin are you on the dreaded facebuck , reason I ask is on 17 th March a guy called Cavan Soal was selling some really nice barrels. I also think there were some others earlier in the year but probably sold now.

Good luck with your search.

Steve

mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:00 pm

I sent a set of old barrels along with some new Wossner pistons to Sean at TheTuningWorks for a replate. Came back like new with barrels matched to piston with perfect tolerance/clearance. Good for another 10,000 miles

Marty_Rillo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Marty_Rillo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi fellas,
I had been organising a set with Dan before he passed away, and I asked politely when his partners dad was about to sell parts.
But I seemed to be that I wasn't able to get a pair?
I think he had a buyer already?
My set are mismatched one has a top end skim, which is meaning I have to machine my power valve tops to suit, it's just a small issue, but I didn't think a set of barrels would be an issue when I got the bike in 2006!!
Cheers Martin

mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Get the other one machined to the same height and use different thickness gaskets to restore to the proper dimensions, either thicker head or thicker base gaskets. Std height is 90.60mm (well mine are)