SouthWest SmokeFest

Tell us where to meet you!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

SouthWest SmokeFest

Post by StrokerBoy »

Diff'rent Strokers have arranged an informal meet for all 2-stroke owners in the South West.

Date : Saturday 13th April 2013 (this is the day after the Classic Bike Trackdays event at Mallory).
Venue : Fromebridge Mill, just off M5 J13 near Stroud, GL2 7PD.

The pub is kindly letting us take over their spare carpark for the day, as long as everyone promises to buy plenty of food and drink. Shouldn't be a problem, there's an extensive menu including a carvery. :wink:

The idea is simply to meet up, fill the carpark with as many cool bikes as we can, drink coffee/tea, chat, snap some photos, take the piss out of each others' tasteless 1980's leather jackets, and fill our faces with pub grub.

At some point we plan to go for a bit of a ride-out : not too far, and on roads that would suit Fizzy's as well as RG500's. All suggestions for a destination welcome. Not compulsory either, you can stay at the pub and kick tyres instead if you prefer.

All 2-strokes welcome and indeed encouraged. Four-strokes are allowed if that's all you've got, but they'd better be rare, old and very cool. :mrgreen:

It's a one-off for now, but if it goes well then we might try and turn it into a regular thing.

Other regional meets are being proposed too, eg. Norfolk/Suffolk - have a look on our forum for details.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

I'm taking my Tandem-Twin to this, assuming it's stopped snowing by then. Might take my KS-II as well. Pretty sure there might be an AR125 there too...

Anyone local KR-1/S owners thinking of popping along ? :mrgreen:
Yamaha RD350LC,
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

A great turnout and some very cool bikes. Ridden in the rain, as they should be. :) I've put some pics up on Diff'rent Strokers.

Yamaha RD350LC,