classic Bikes at Donnington

Tell us where to meet you!
dave32
Heavy Smoker

classic Bikes at Donnington

Post by dave32 »

Anyone going to Donny on friday 3rd august with CBT?
I did the last one at mallory,was great to go out with ALL 2strokes and not idiots with 150hp and no idea. :D
Saw one Kr1s without a fairing,was broken down on the outside of gerrards :( .
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

I'm going, couldn't make Mallory but you would have seen me broken down at Cadwell (didn't properly waterproof the CDI) - given the way the weather has been I won't be making that mistake again

Salty
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

I'll be there, but I'll be on a big fat diesel this time... :oops:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Had to cancel due to work - which is a bastard but at least I've got one

Seems to be a case of waking hours are working hours these days - garage full of bikes just not getting used. Road KR1 not ridden since 2008, track bike has done 2 track days in 3 years 2 restoration projects will be taking 20 years at current rate of progress - has the world gone mad or is it just me?

Salty
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

salty wrote:Had to cancel due to work - which is a bastard but at least I've got one

Seems to be a case of waking hours are working hours these days - garage full of bikes just not getting used. Road KR1 not ridden since 2008, track bike has done 2 track days in 3 years 2 restoration projects will be taking 20 years at current rate of progress - has the world gone mad or is it just me?

Salty
Sounds like the work related disease I've got too - built a track bike, spare race tuned engine on the bench, new set of spare wheels and rubber ... And I can't get either because I can't get the time off.. Bugger !

Still got my lotto tickets for Friday and Saturday... :?
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Well, I was there, and there were a couple of KR-1's on track too. A great day, with lots of grinning faces and no ego's. Some of my pics HERE.

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Was an awesome day!
Have you ever had a TZ500 go past you down craner curves?NO me neither,was something i will never forget.
Stand behind a TZ750 while its warmed up?
Erm its a crazy machine to look at,just a big flip off engine with pipes crammed everywhere/anywhere they can fit(heat proof leathers needed!).
Think you bikes loud?ever heard a F1 norton on full chat?madness!
There were a few RG500 specials and a stock RG5 that wasnt hanging about,some RD5 and RZV500's ripping round.
I saw the 2 stock looking B2's going round couldnt find where they were parked up to have a chat,was a hectic day.
I was out on my B2 in the stroker group (the other 2 kr's were in a mixed novice group),if you were there it was the one with the silver fairing and seat unit and stubby gibsons!
A friend of mine took his RD500 special(marlboro YZR rep) along that is a mixture of zxr400 frame and RSV mille running gear housing the RD motor.
My brother was on his V twin Tz250 and i also took the mad little h***a Rs125 along for a play.
Its a shame it wasnt a 2day event as there was so many amazing bikes to look at,but you didnt have time to look at them all,i spent most of my spare time changing jets on the TZ :D .
The Kr ran faultlessly all day,it hadnt been used for about 5yrs when it had done 10 trackdays in a year so it was good motivation to get it back on track again.
After doing the mallory and donny CBT days i can only say,they are just what you want/need if you love the older stuff or 2 stroke bikes in general!
There were hardly any breakdowns (maybe mental but not on track!) and the standard of riding was good and courteous to others.
Cant wait til the next one! :D