Classic kr-1

Tell us where to meet you!
pookie
Oil Injector

Classic kr-1

Post by pookie »

Hi, i'm entering my kr-1 in this local car/bike classic show, never thought of my bike as a classic but as it was built before 1990 (just) it qualifies, just need to wipe it over with mr sheen and hope the judges like it, unfortunately there is a guy who lives a few streets from me who has a 'dream garage' of bikes (nsr 400, rg500 etc) who is also taking part, hopefully the originality of my bike may help :) http://www.hamptonvillage.org.uk/images ... er-500.jpg
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Re: Classic kr-1

Post by Top-shaggy »

Good luck !

Wish I was there to make a fuss over your KR and draw peeps in :)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Not my KR but Im showing my classic 50 in two weeks time at Townly Classic Car show

http://www.burnleyclassicvehicleshow.org

You are right at 25 yrs you will be able to join the VMCC , on a club run they turn up on Velocette Venoms and Vipers plus a range of AJS and Beezas. First they piss engine oil all over the floor, then they blow up. And the best bit is the old boys love it! They even tow em home.

The judges often like a good description, make sure you include you have had it from new AND use it, as a lot of these classics are trailerd to the shows.

Steve
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

Don't worry Steve, i'm working on a placard describing the one owner, never been taken apart bit 'cos i know the guy with the nsr and rg500 has spent megabucks having them restored, i know those plonkers from the vjmc as well 'cos last week i was at Boxhill in Surrey on the Kr-1 and there was an 1100cc suzuki katana there, a couple of the old duffers were saying that the week before that they'd seen a 400cc katana, i tried to tell them it was a 250cc kat but they were having none of it, i knew it was 250cc because it was mine :)

p.s. i'll take some pics on the day and stick them on here.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Quote:
a couple of the old duffers were saying that the week before that they'd seen a 400cc katana, i tried to tell them it was a 250cc kat but they were having none of it, i knew it was 250cc because it was mine

That is class!
Have a great show

Steve
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Good luck pookie, let us know how you get on.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

Here are some pics from the classic show, there were over eighty cars and bikes there and the public voted for their favourites, unfortunately there weren't enough kr-1 fans there as the prize went to a piggin' Harley Davidson (the army one in the background in the second pic) had a great time though and will hopefully do it again next year :)

[/URL[URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/colp1/ ... m.jpg.html]Image
]
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

Tis a very nice bike mate, sadly I dont think the KR1 , as good as it is, isnt QUITE the 80s icon of many others, which is reflected in the asking price(and bike shows!) , if I had bought a RD350 LC in as good condition as the KR1 ive just bought, it would have been twice the asking price.

Of course there's more to older(er) it than desirability and price, we can still enjoy the nostalgia and the experience of owning these 2 strokes.