kawasaki sunday

Tell us where to meet you!
pookie
Oil Injector

kawasaki sunday

Post by pookie »

hi, just a heads up about Kawasaki Sunday at the ace café, London on April 27th, I've been there with the kr-1 for the past three years and luckily the weather has been great, always lots to look at, including plenty of kwak triples, be good to see some more kr's there this year (weather permitting)
malsa
Light Smoker

Re: kawasaki sunday

Post by malsa »

I'm hoping to go again pookie, loved it last year
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

me and gary are both going, he will be on his 300cc tuned kr1s and I will be on a zx636 [as my kr1 is in bits still]
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

martin, is that your 'as new' kr-1 that's in bits? be good to see some more kr's there, weather permitting i'll get there about midday ( 'cos i'm old and crusty and work six days a week, I need a lie in on sundays :cry: ) malsa, have you fitted a sidecar to your bike yet for your growing family?
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

yep it is pookie, am not happy with the powdercoat finish on the frame/swinger, want it the correct satin finish that it should be, it is a simple thing to get done and then rebuild the bike [will have it done for next year]so in the meantime,will have to suffer my 4 stroke, but at least its green and a kawasaki
current bikes
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

but at least its green and a kawasaki[/quote]

that's all that matters on Kawasaki sunday, a couple of friends are going on suzukis, i'll make sure they park around the corner though :)
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

me and gary went. but only garys kr1s there, a few triples and that was about it, shame no one else from the forum went,
current bikes
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Martin,
Any photos?
And what did Garys bike go like?
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

I only took 1 picture of garys bike. to be honest Bernie, there was,nt much there, but on a positive note, I have made up my mind after riding my zx636 I am fed up with modern bikes, my 636 has carbon fibre wheels/ohlins suspension front and back. brembo calipers/master cylinder/discs/full titanium race exhaust and god knows what else, including every nut and bolt titanium [you all know how fussy I am] it goes and stops far better than any kr1s would go. but. [and this is what has made my mind up] it does,nt have any nostalga or soul like a stroker. I have made up my mind. I AM REBUILDING MY KR1
current bikes
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

hi, woke up this morning (10am) and it was raining #-o and I only live about ten miles from the ace, went to the last three kwak sundays and it was bright and sunny, maybe that's what happens when you hold an event in april, hope to go to the ace soon though, I think that there's a two stroke and sports moped day in september
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

btw the two stroke day at the ace is the 21st September 8)