KR-1S Rally? Cadwell Park trackday weekend? Or both?!

Tell us where to meet you!
salty
Heavy Smoker

Re: KR-1S Rally? Cadwell Park trackday weekend? Or both?!

Post by salty »

I will be there with my 1-S to give all the slow people someone to lap, I'm sharing the ride with a lad on his first track day who has only ridden a ZZR1100 since he past his test - he might be in for a shock! - might need to rev it a bit more than he's used too!

Salty
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Wow...is he in for a shock Salty :lol:
He will want to sell the diesel and get a KR.
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Anyone else doing the lunchtime parade laps on Sat and Sun ? A chance for those who don't fancy the full trackday to ride round Cadwell and show off your bike. Spaces available and it's free !

Your bike must be capable of a minimum 40mph and you have to wear the proper kit. Hoping to see stuff like Fizzy's out on track and other stuff that would be unsuited to the proper track sessions. Like an RB50 Gag bike for example... :mrgreen:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
marksim
Smoker

Post by marksim »

StrokerBoy wrote:Anyone else doing the lunchtime parade laps on Sat and Sun ? A chance for those who don't fancy the full trackday to ride round Cadwell and show off your bike. Spaces available and it's free !

Your bike must be capable of a minimum 40mph and you have to wear the proper kit. Hoping to see stuff like Fizzy's out on track and other stuff that would be unsuited to the proper track sessions. Like an RB50 Gag bike for example... :mrgreen:

Has anybody got any ideas what time the riders wanting to do the parade laps have to check in at.
Ive a couple of mates coming but have never done trackdays or raced so im trying to get them into it,they both have Yam LC 350s.Also does anyone know if there bikes have to pass a noise test like the trackday riders.
KR1S Special
Aprilia RS 270
Suzuki RGV VJ 21
Yam RD400F
KTM SDR 990
Darin

Post by Darin »

marksim wrote:
Has anybody got any ideas what time the riders wanting to do the parade laps have to check in at.
Ive a couple of mates coming but have never done trackdays or raced so im trying to get them into it,they both have Yam LC 350s.Also does anyone know if there bikes have to pass a noise test like the trackday riders.
Hi Mark,

Sorry for the late reply. Here's a few rules and timetable for the paraders, and I checked with Cadwell today, and yes anyone who goes on track needs to be noise tested.

1. All bikes are welcome (including mopeds capable of 40+ mph) upto a maximum of 60 bikes
2. The parade will start at 12:30pm and include 2 laps of the circuit at 40-50mph behind an instructor
3. Riders will need to wear full leathers, gloves and helmets
4. No pillions are allowed!
5. Riders will need to sign in on the day, so the timetable will be;

11:00 - Parade Registration (riders will receive a wristband to show they've signed an indemnity)
11:30 - Parade Briefing (to explain the basics; follow the instructor, no overtaking, maintain the speed, ie: no dropping back and then a blat up to the bikes in front!)
12:15 - Assemble in the usual assembly area
12:30 - Instructor to lead parade for 2 laps and then return to the paddock
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Cadwell on Saturday was a top day - bike ran perfect, didn't rain - my first dry track day in 3 years - grid packed with decent classic bikes ranging from the well ridden to mobile chicanes , weather perfect - great atmosphere. If they run it again next year I strongly recommend it.

Handful of KR1-S a KR250, plenty of TDMs, RGVs, RG500s, TZRs and Aprillia RS250s

No mechanical issues - managed to completely destroy a pair of tyres the track was so warm. Every lap there were big bikes to overtake by not braking for Coppice and carrying the speed all the way round Charlies - places lost on Park Straight made up on the brakes into Park - the guy on the Z1000 won't be waiting for me to brake first again....its a gravity thing!

Didn't take many pictures but hoping I can steal everyone else's video from youtube.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

salty wrote:...a KR250...
Not sure the owner was there just for the track action to be honest... :oops:

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.