how to set up F3 KIPS valves ?

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi Bernie.
Looking at the pic (the part numbers in particular) I think you may be onto something. I've always wondered if the reason for the F3 valves being the way they are is perhaps to make use of the resonance chamber slightly differently by having it open when it would normally be closed off with the stock valves. I've always been a bit confused by all the other theories of the reason they are done like that, like the whole ease of alignment thing, as it wouldn't take that much time to set them properly (as oppossed to makeing special valves):-k
Maybe someone more knowlegable about tuning would be able to explain if there would be any advantages in doing so. [-o<
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

That would make more sense to have 2 standard valves in the middle.

Wish i had left my middle 2 standard now then everything would have been fine and i wouldn't have had to modify anything.

Anyway nevermind :D

Maccas
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Scott/Maccas,

All this powervalves and watercooling is a bit "Black Arts" to me (being an aircooled triple boy :oops: )

But it seems like I am not the only one that finds it quite confusing :oops:

Cheers,
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

it's working :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zko-nW5 ... e=youtu.be

just made a mistake somewhere : where the cables needed to come, it was to high. didn't want to start all over :oops: so I just made 2 little blocks that fit where the cables are attached on the head.

just need to replace the cables, as they prevent from turning the full 90°. when turning by hand, it works perfect.

dimensions, if you look from the front of the bike to the back :

left

right
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
mark kr1s
lurker

Re: how to set up kr1s valves

Post by mark kr1s »

On warming up my kr1s and revving it the k.i.p valves instead of opening at 8000/8500 they open at 12000 revs. I have replaced the c.d.i unit and they still open at 12000 revs? Does anyone have any idea why this is happening???
mark kr1s
lurker

Re: how to set up F3 KIPS valves ?

Post by mark kr1s »

On warming the kr1s up and revving instead of the k.i.p valves opening at 7000/8000 revs they open at 12000 revs. I have changed the c.d.i unit for a new one but they still open at 12000 revs? Does anyone have any idea why?

thanks