35mm Carb holder rubbers manufacture - Reed side

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
rgvlee
Heavy Smoker

Post by rgvlee »

mate, I love it when you update this thread

are you going to be selling the gaskets as well?
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

great looking gaskets - would it be possible to have different thickness base gaskets made so that squish or port timming can be adjusted slightly?
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Gaskets

Post by KR-1R »

at the moment even I dont have a personal need for 80 reed gaskets (still need MORE) :P
(see article in Classic Bike? some old guy collects OW-01 and has something like 4000 assorted base gaskets! - I would still have an RC before an OW unless it was an OW-02)

The material is same natural thickness as original base gasket (0.5mm?),
but not as stiff, and has 9% compressibility - so may squash slightly more than OEM which is probably good for a standard squish (product spec states as 0.5mm thickness - on the shelves listed as 0.4mm possibly the installed thickness).

The next thickness the sheet comes in, is twice as thick (0.8/1.0mm) which would be good for someone who wants to run double bases. Other gasket sheet suppliers might have thickness inbetween.
Have to real world test for suitability as base gasket application (is supposed to be good for 300°C, 40bar) which will fly through all other applications - clutch, alternator, reed etc.

There not very many gaskets for the motor, so if we add to the KRchive the shape profiles electronically then anyone could get them reproduced at their end (and if they ever become NLA). (I do have a tracing of a tank sticker :mrgreen: )

beats cutting your own by scalpel.
Is a good thread for me, because I finally get around to ticking off a few things I added to my life's To Do list.

Signwriters may be able to vinyl cut the material on their machines cheaper
Laser cutting them didnt prove to be ideal solution - as dusty charred grit debris has to be brushed from the edges (power and speed and pulse setting)

<<<<< MARTIN... how do you like my new avatar? (airbox sticker / build delivery)
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

Have you got any manifold rubbers left if so I will take a set. How much
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

PWK 35mm vs PWK38

Post by KR-1R »

yeah been slack over Christmas

because the first 10 pairs arrived eve of eve

some of the trumpets have some minor imperfection in the bulkhead but wont cause any functional problem - is that acceptable/OK?

a long time worry that the extra 10mm dimension difference between the PWK35 and the PWK36/38 would be deeper in the float bowl - but it is only taller above the centre line of the throat....so
Going as big as 38mm aslo possible...
Last edited by KR-1R on Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Look great to me mate Just hope I win these 32mm carbs now :D :D
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

I do hope they come in black too :-k

Charles
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

very funky colours, but, would prefer black too. Just acquired a nearly new set of PWK35's from the states for a good price, so would like the new rubbers pretty soon. Please keep us posted.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Any colour for me if I can have them quicker :mrgreen:
Gary
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

scooble wrote:very funky colours, but, would prefer black too. Just acquired a nearly new set of PWK35's from the states for a good price, so would like the new rubbers pretty soon. Please keep us posted.
Did you win them last week!! Was it these ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

:( :(
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

the red ones, in reality, are slightly dark red, not racey red - the green looks quite trick though

Both colours are a little opaque so the aluminium flange shows through a little - affects the green less because its flouro bright.

the other 8 in the batch are black
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

yes, they were indeed the ones, had my eye on quite a few sets in the past and all seem to go for much more, so relatively pleased, the chap also said he would 'lie' on the import form to avoid the Cutoms protection racket, I mean TAX too.

Really excited about the noise they're gonna make :twisted:
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

scooble wrote:yes, they were indeed the ones, had my eye on quite a few sets in the past and all seem to go for much more, so relatively pleased, the chap also said he would 'lie' on the import form to avoid the Cutoms protection racket, I mean TAX too.

Really excited about the noise they're gonna make :twisted:
Yeah bloody outbid me you Git!!! :(
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

scooble wrote: the chap also said he would 'lie' on the import form to avoid the Cutoms protection racket, I mean TAX too.
That's what the seller of my 35mm PWKs did too. But it was of no use: customs here demand a copy of your paypal payment ......
satarn
Smoker

Post by satarn »

Hi red for me please as soon as possible