KR1 "B" STD PISTON RING SUPPLIER IN UK

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

KR1 "B" STD PISTON RING SUPPLIER IN UK

Post by NOSHER »

HEY FELLAS
JUST GOT MY HANDS ON A SET OF GENUINE MADE IN JAPAN NEW OLD STOCK PISTON RINGS FROM A UK SUPPLIER

FOR THOSE OF US THAT ARE STILL USING THE "B"ORIGINAL PISTONS AND THE RINGS ARE A LITTLE TIRED THIS IS A GOD SEND TO PERK UP YOUR COMPRESSION WITHOUT THE COST OF FITTING MITAKA KR1S PISTONS AT £162 A PAIR COS THEY ARE NOT MADE ANYMORE AND NOBODY SUPPLIES THEM--UNTIL NOW

THEY ARE NOT CHEAP @£55 PLUS VAT PLUS PACKING BUT THEY ARE GENUINE OLD STOCK HK I BELIEVE AND ORIGINALLY SOLD FOR 90 EUROS OUCH!!!!!!

THE SUPPLIER IS IMD PISTONS---THEY ONLY HAVE 12 SETS---BE QUICK IF YOU NEED THEM.
COL
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: KR1 "B" STD PISTON RING SUPPLIER IN UK

Post by JanBros »

good for you, but personaly, I wouldn't put any trust in KR1 B ring peg's and would never use those B piston's.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Well I’ve spent enough on the crank rebuild and having gaskets that FIT made and I have a nasty score in one of the bores so I figured if I keep the b pistons and fit £50 of rings and I don’t have a bore problem then I’ve had a result.

If it all goes titsup and I have to spend another circa £500 on nicasil bores then I have the new Mitaka pistons I’ve bought to fit new bores with hopefully no issues.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

if a pin comes out, it'll cost you more on cylinder repair than new piston's ;-)
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Being so cheerful keeps you going obviously —-you’re beginning to sound like the voice of doom.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

has nothing to do with being cheerfull or doom-voices.

those piston's ruined the reputation of the KR1. in order to save there 250 2-stroke they had to come with a "revised model" called the KR-1S.
Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit »

The KR-1S would have appeared in any case as a normal model upgrade, Jan. I don't think its appearance had anything to do with the KR-1 piston fiasco. And the original KR-1 is OK once the pistons have been upgraded, which would probably have been done under warranty in most cases.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

if they only had changed the design of the piston's and left everything else the same, it would still have been a KR1 and everybody associated it with seizing engines. And a redisign with new frame after only 2 years for a niche-model, I don't think it was planned that way, as there is nothing wrong with a KR1 frame and there was no reason for a revised frame. IMHO I'm pretty sure Kawa didn't plan that redesign and the y wanted to make clear to the public it was a "new bike which had noting to do with the old flawed one".
even today if I tell people I ride a KR, I get comments about how bad they were.

anyway : you agree that the piston's were a fiasco. would you still use them ?
Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit »

Jan, the KR-1 was built for two model years, the B1 and the B2, Europe only got the B2. There was nothing wrong with the KR-1 frame and swingarm that required a change, but there was nothing wrong with the ZXR400H frame and swingarm either- yet the H became the L with a different frame and swingarm too. The same could be said of the H2; the H2 and H2-A were basically the same apart from a few very minor changes, but the H2-B was a serious makeover- new frame and swingarm, exhausts, tank, seat and side panels, crankcases, cylinders etc etc etc. There's nothing unusual about models being reworked, manufacturers do it all the time.
As for using the original KR-1 pistons, being well aware of their problem I wouldn't.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Thanks for the reply— so far you are the only one
Col

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

Gerrit wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:21 am As for using the original KR-1 pistons, being well aware of their problem I wouldn't.
that's exactly the same as what I said in my first post. al the rest was unnecessary ;-)
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Obviously you like the sound of your own voice.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

NOSHER wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:21 pm Obviously you like the sound of your own voice.
we are giving you solid advice. if you no longer want to hear the sound of my voice, just say so and I'll never ever comment on your post, but also your questions ever again.
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Just be a little more debating rather than lecturing—- we are all stressed out over COVID and lockdown and when you are 77 on your own it hits even harder.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
Paul250B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Paul250B »

Personally I wouldn’t use the old style pistons either.

Not worth the aggravation, certainly not worth the potential risk of being broken down on the road side, or worse. Not for £175.