Advice On Using Meteor 26j pistons

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
3wheels
lurker

Advice On Using Meteor 26j pistons

Post by 3wheels »

First post here,

Had a KR-1 for quite a few years but inherited an engine with unknown tuning/mods.

Unfortunately it nipped up on me at oulton park last year. just stripped it down today to find one side big end bearing has failed and made a bit of a mess of the barrel and piston on one side.

The crank cases have been flowed but not sure if the ports or barrel heights have been played with.

The bike is mainly used for track days and i'm in the process of 'hybrid'ing it.

My Main question is what are the pro's and con's of using the 26j tz pistons from meteor - i know Gordon Jones fairly well through the sidecar scene and like the idea of buying the pistons from him also.

are there any alterations that need to be done with barrels and head. I have searched this on the forum but found different answer so thought i'd get the most upto date info.

also does anybody have a standard port map and barrel height so i can determine if i'm dealing with stock kit?

Thanks in advance guys.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Advice On Using Meteor 26j pistons

Post by JanBros »

My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !