21st century tuners - who's left?

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: 21st century tuners - who's left?

Post by Luders »

Tricia has had her bike on the BEMSEE dyno, which is the same model as the one James has and is also comparable.

And I agree the ignition is where you need to experiment more, along with pipes.
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Re: 21st century tuners - who's left?

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

scooble wrote:I tried running the big rad without the thermostat and it over cooled the engine and couldn't get it above 48Deg C. After putting a standard thermostat in, it runs consistently at about 60 Deg C.

If anyone has some port map ideas, can they send them to me as I'll probably get another set of cylinders tuned.
48deg is where you want water temp to be that would be 2-3hp lost there. I would be finding a 40 deg thermostat from a KTM/Husaberg 300 or various karts. As Jan Thiel said there is no such thing as over cooling the engine.
Less heat means better carburation.

KR-1 cylinders are not bad in standard form, never let anyone touch the large radius on the inner transfer port walls. Make the sub exhaust ports go to half way around the bore (9 and 3 o'clock) no futher.
crochet & croquet