kr1s exhaust

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
kiwidip
lurker

kr1s exhaust

Post by kiwidip »

Hi iam new here, just brought a kr1, 89 model, b2, anyway I managed to buy a whole lot of parts, several frames etc, so was wondering if its worthwhile putting the kr1s exhaust, on to my b2, as ive got 2 kr1s complete exhausts, and still the original kr1b2 exhaust, iam rebuilding the motor, and have noticed its already got a kr1s barrel on it, so the kr1s exhaust should make it go better is that correct? is this the easiest mod to do to make it better? one of my spare engines has a 35mm keihin carburator, but on reading here , seems this is only good for racing, not for general road use, iam restoring bike to just use as a sunday ride with the blue haze in NZ, we do a lot of back country riding where we can open it up and go for it, just wanting thoughts on the exhaust, as I know hardly anything on the kr1 250. :D
KRackerS
Light Smoker

Re: kr1s exhaust

Post by KRackerS »

Can't see any problem using the s pipes if they fit same with the 35mm carbs - think you'll find " Only good for racing " devalues them so they can be had cheap LOL

If your not keen to try the 35's I will happily have them with the manifolds - drop me a PM and we will sort something out for them :P

ATB,
Smoke me a KippeR
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

There's no noticeable downside to using 35mm carbs on the road. KR1's aren't as sensitive to jetting as say RGV's
gangus
Smoker

Post by gangus »

Have a good look at the 35's and parts around it ie frame numbers as you may have kr1sp stuff there as they were nz only.....