Flywheel puller

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Robypvs

Flywheel puller

Post by Robypvs »

Hi
Can anyone advise what thread I need to remove my flywheel so I can buy a flywheel puller ?

Regards

Rob
DougB
Oil Injector

Re: Flywheel puller

Post by DougB »

27mm left hand thread, the same fits most Yams/Suzi's etc.. Make sure it's a good one, I thought Yam 350 YPVS rotors could be hard to get off till I came across a really tough KR1S, they can take a LOT of work to get them to pop!
Robypvs

Post by Robypvs »

Thank you for info. Have bought one and it's not coming off , so got it soaked in oil for at lease 24hrs to help so fingers crossed it comes off after this.
Regards
Rob
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

I doubt the oil is going to make any difference, but just wait a few days and it might pop off on its own. if not, tighten slowly a tiny bit at a time, and whack the puller with a copper mallet, worked for me. I've also tried an impact gun, but it was too quick, and stripped the threads.
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Leave the pulley in place overnight with tension on it, if it hasn't popped off, give it a good whack, and apply a little more pressure and leave it, it should come off eventually.
Cheers,
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300