uneven temperatures

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
skinnybob

uneven temperatures

Post by skinnybob »

Hello, had my motor re-built, carbs cleaned have got left side running much hotter than right, can't touch the left barrel (and it sounds uneven). Haven't warmed it up fully to set the idle as I didn't want to cause any damage. Have swapped over the leads and plugs but it's still the same. There's unburnt fuel on the right plug.

Any ideas?? :(
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Re: uneven temperatures

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Bob
You need to fully synchronise your carbs, making sure throttle slides are even, airscrews and tickovers are set correctly, as well as the choke plungers (and don't forget to check your oil pump after you have been messing about with the cables).
Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Is it possible to swop the carbs over to see if the problem travels to the other side

The carbs need to be totally disassembled to clean them properly and you need to take the section out that's held in by the 2 security screws

I use a small ultrasonic cleaner ,some fishing line to poke through the holes and some WD40 with a straw !

Put the red straw on the WD can and hold against the tiny holes in the carb and blast through after the ultrasonic and a poke with the nylon fishing line
Can it yer old boiler
jarno
Oil Injector

Post by jarno »

You can swap the carbs no problem,

Check the fueltap if it flows correctly
Also check the wires of the side stand switch if there properly conected.

Cheers jarno,
Kr1s C1 zeus blue
Kr1s c2 black green
ZXR400 SP
ZXR250A
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

Good advice from those who have replied so far. If you check and/or adjust all the suggested aspects and still have the trouble, consider whether there may be a different problem on each cylinder (e.g. a serious air leak or lack of coolant flow on the left and choke stuck open or blown crank seal on the right).
From your description, I presume your engine was rebuilt by someone else. What exactly did they do? Which parts were replaced and which ones are original or as before? Could you ask the engine builder's opinion on what may be causing the trouble? Let us know if you make any progress.

Regards,
James