Water leaking through exhaust ports

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Olly36

Water leaking through exhaust ports

Post by Olly36 »

Just purchased myself a KR-1 as a project and proceeded to take it apart this afternoon, as I was talking the right exhaust off and tipped it up some water leaked out which is never a good sign but thought it may have found it's way through the end can which is dodgy anyway.
As i fiddled around and tried to look for any water around the exhaust port I noticed that when turning the bike on (ignition only) when the kips system opens and closes a small dribble of water would leak out.
After taking off the radiator and draining coolant from the bike i proceeded to pour some water down the return hose to the rad to see if anything would once again leak out (possibly showing a blown head gasket) but to my surprise no leaks anywhere. Just wandering if anyone had any idea of what it could be. I am planning on taking the engine to a mechanic for a full rebuild but just wandered if there was any other problem anyone could think off other than a blown head gasket which is what I think it may be.

I have a video of the leak if anyone wants to have a look as its easier to show then explain but will wait and see first before uploading.

Thanks in advance :D