PIPES

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
c&c
Heavy Smoker

PIPES

Post by c&c »

Hi, I see "NIKON" are selling exhaust pipes for kr1s..Anybody have any thoughts on these.?
They do look nice....
Thanks,
Phil..
I"ll take the wine,you can have the bread.
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Re: PIPES

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Phil
There has been some mixed views on how nice they look (I would have a set, if I didn't already have a set of Lomas pipes)
I hope someone gets a set soon and gets them on the dyno to see how they perform.
Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Look like Beet copies, which were developed for the KR-1. How exhausts perform is based on your tune. For example the Lomas pipes lose hp over standard OEM expansion chambers with standard barrels. You need to raise the exhaust port to get them working better.
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

500bernie wrote:...I hope someone gets a set soon and gets them on the dyno to see how they perform...
That would certainly be interesting Bernie, but I think that the maker should have done that already! A simple comparison between standard pipes and their pipes shouldn't be too difficult for them to arrange...should it? Do they expect people to buy their product without knowing how it performs :? ? The website suggests contacting them for more information - I tried that a while ago - got no reply.

Regards,
James