Calling All Engine Experts - Help Needed to Identify Part

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
DeadHammer
Heavy Smoker

Calling All Engine Experts - Help Needed to Identify Part

Post by DeadHammer »

As my engine seems to have spent most of it's life scuba diving I'm finding that pretty much every bearing and bush needs to be replaced. Most of these are proving straight forward except the one in the picture below which is retained by a screw and collar (?). Does anyone know if this bush is available and if so what the part number is as I've searched the parts fiche and can't find any sign of either the bush or the retaining screw and collar:-

Image[/URL]

The screw looks like that as I had to drill it out using a reverse drill..
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Calling All Engine Experts - Help Needed to Identify Par

Post by JanBros »

http://www.kr-1s.co.uk/manual/parts.php

Looks like it wasn't available seperatly.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Professor
Heavy Smoker

Post by Professor »

There is one bush listed with the crank cases 23 x 33 x 14 ? 92028-1521

Looks like it's main shaft bearing outer race behind clutch basket? Look at C on the parts diagram page B14 crankcase
Hardcore you know the score
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

Professor wrote:There is one bush listed with the crank cases 23 x 33 x 14 ? 92028-1521

Looks like it's main shaft bearing outer race behind clutch basket? Look at C on the parts diagram page B14 crankcase
don't know what it is, but the seize of it is mentionned, so shouldn't be too dificult to find out by measuring what's in your cases :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

On early models, that bush was just pressed/shrunk in (no retainer and screw), so it didn't have the machined shoulder. The early bush (if I remember correctly) is exactly the same as 92028-1521.

The later bush however is not the same (due to the machined shoulder), although 92028-1521 can be used to replace it if you don't use the retainer and screw.

I'm not sure of the changeover point between the early and late arrangements, but have found the early arrangement in a JDM B1 with frame number just below 003000.

Regards,
James
DeadHammer
Heavy Smoker

Post by DeadHammer »

Thank you all for your responses - much appreciated!

Yes James P - this would explain why I can't find any evidence of the screw and retainer on the fiche. Because it simply wasn't there on earlier bikes.

Fortunately for me Bernie500 has knocked one out of the park again and found me a spare which has got the project moving again. Cheers Bernie - can't thank you enough!! :)
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Dave,
Pleased to have been able to help :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

DeadHammer wrote:...this would explain why I can't find any evidence of the screw and retainer on the fiche. Because it simply wasn't there on earlier bikes.
Dave; The screw, the retainer and even the bearing track/bush are not shown on any of the parts diagrams I've got. I presume this is because they were included as part of the gearbox end plate (in similar manner to crankshafts being sold only as complete assemblies). If you needed a new screw, retainer and/or bearing track/bush, I presume you'd have had to buy the whole assembly!

Regards,
James