Crank seals

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Kwakboy
lurker

Crank seals

Post by Kwakboy »

Are crank seals a difficult job to do? Got a small oil leak from the gearbox area was just wondering if it was a fairly easy DIY job
slashing
Heavy Smoker

Re: Crank seals

Post by slashing »

[quote Its not a diy job the crank needs to be pressed apart you could try info@sep-kegworth.co.uk phone number 01509 673295 they do a good service
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

X2 good advice
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

Kwakboy wrote:Are crank seals a difficult job to do? Got a small oil leak from the gearbox area was just wondering if it was a fairly easy DIY job
have you bought the seals yet ?
if yes who from ?
i got a set this week from bdk and they were £70 including vat and post for all 4
then i discoverd i might need the centre shaft so just orderd that at nearly £75
but while the crank is out i might as well get it done the 2 middle bearings can move slightly on the shaft
and as a known weak point of the kr1 series im changing it while its getting stripped £45 for strip and re-build
thats if the rebuild bloke says it needs doing
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

SEP in Kegworth will do you a full rebuild including bearings and con rods for around £300
EYREY1
Heavy Smoker

Post by EYREY1 »

Luders wrote:SEP in Kegworth will do you a full rebuild including bearings and con rods for around £300
have there crank bearings got the retaining pegs on them ?