Decals required

Plastic bits and Paint
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Decals required

Post by SP_BOTT »

Hi, decided to repaint my bike myself, after attempting one of my others lately, (and didn't think it came out too bad)

So.... where can I get a quality set of decals from, and what is included in the kit? some I've seen need paint where I thought the decals were, others just include the 'writing' etc etc

It's a G/W/B C3, and I've found the bellypan with about three layers of paint on, some of which was done on top of the original decals :) Probably going to save some weight at least.

Got the fairing and seat hump repaired and ready to start with primer. Found loads of filler and re-inforcing on broken sections which has now been cut out and welded.
pkay
Light Smoker

Re: Decals required

Post by pkay »

SP_BOTT wrote:Hi, decided to repaint my bike myself, after attempting one of my others lately, (and didn't think it came out too bad)

So.... where can I get a quality set of decals from, and what is included in the kit? some I've seen need paint where I thought the decals were, others just include the 'writing' etc etc

It's a G/W/B C3, and I've found the bellypan with about three layers of paint on, some of which was done on top of the original decals :) Probably going to save some weight at least.

Got the fairing and seat hump repaired and ready to start with primer. Found loads of filler and re-inforcing on broken sections which has now been cut out and welded.

+1 on the decals although I only need a set for the tank if anyone has any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

PK
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

those ones on ebay [classismotorcycledecals] are image works in derby. they are more expensive than other decals. but
they would be the ones I would go for
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

martin wrote:those ones on ebay [classismotorcycledecals] are image works in derby. they are more expensive than other decals. but
they would be the ones I would go for
Martin rates them they must be good!!
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

thanks very much, just ordered the 'last set' :)

Why don't they just call themselves 'image works' on there as well, then you know the quality should be good?? :roll:

pkay, looks like they sell them individually as well.